My new website!

Gui

http://www.ozone4.com

Enjoy! :)

Btw, english is not my native language and something tells me that some of my sentences are not really well-written: could someone be kind enough to give me some pointers please? Thanks in advance

Otherwise, it's my very first site in html, so please no technical geekness... :p

• 1 month later...

I updated my site with this new page: it features my Unreal Tournament 2004 map DOM-Elhazad, built entirely from scratch, which was amongst the finalists of the Make Something Unreal Contest in the 'Best Gameplay' category

This contest is the international modification competition by Nvidia, Epic Games and Atari Inc which kept the Unreal game community very busy from july 2003 to november 2004

Enjoy! :)

Whoa! How the heck did I miss this thread the first time around?

I've just spent some time going through your website. Your artwork is very good. Both your hand drawn art and the 3D artwork shows a lot of creativity as well as a fine legacy of recognizable inspiration from past artists. Naturally, I can see the inspiriation from Macross mecha styles and motifs, but as a big fan of science fiction artwork I can see many other influences.

In particular, your spacescapes and starships bear resemblance to the work of British science fiction artist Christopher Foss. The use of primary colors mixed into odd patterns, the use of symbols, and massive shapes all point toward some Foss influence. I can also see some Peter Elson and Ralph McQuarrie in your designs. Some of your mecha concept art reminds me of the early work of Syd Mead.

Then of course as any good artist, you have a bunch of work all your own. I particularly like some of the lineart starships, especially the one featured on your mainpage.

Well, I'm going to bookmark your website and check up regularly. Good job!

Many thanks for these kind comments, guys: muchly appreciated :) Particularly coming from A1: I really thought he'd never come into this topic, I'm actually and very pleasantly surprised... :p;)

Mr March > yes, lots of classic SF influences. Foss definitely is one of my all time favorites. Elson and McQuarrie also are artists for whom I have a lot of respect, and of course Syd Mead who was an industrial designer at the beginning, like me... Glad to see you found these influences and you liked them. Do not expect a lot of updates though: except for the 3D/Maps section which is still under contruction, this portfolio is almost 'complete' atm and I'm currently in the process to move onto a different professional field, for various reasons. I'll post a message in there when I'll add stuff anyway

Thanks again, guys :)

The art work is great, but your site is very hard to navigate.

Lose the silly little tiles and give us a real preview of the images, along with some text that lets me know what I am going to be looking at when I follow a link.

Imagine a handicapped person trying to navigate your site, or someone with poor vision. They would be extremely frustrated.

Fancy/cool page design might be fun for the designer but its usually a pain in the ass for the web browser.

Mr March > yes, lots of classic SF influences. Foss definitely is one of my all time favorites. Elson and McQuarrie also are artists for whom I have a lot of respect, and of course Syd Mead who was an industrial designer at the beginning, like me... Glad to see you found these influences and you liked them. Do not expect a lot of updates though: except for the 3D/Maps section which is still under contruction, this portfolio is almost 'complete' atm and I'm currently in the process to move onto a different professional field, for various reasons. I'll post a message in there when I'll add stuff anyway

Thanks again, guys  :)

334128[/snapback]

Oh, I have a section called Art Websites on my browser which includes some websites now seven years old and going. I tend to hold onto what I find, even those that lack updates. Visual art, moreso than music and literature, has more of an impact on my imagination than any other medium.

I really enjoy all the movements in science fiction art. It's probably the style of art that motivated me to explore more contemporary art forms like film, anime, and music. I'm also a big fan of the above mentioned artists and I love the Homeworld PC games :)