Will the box be different for the Reissued

GobotFool

Will there be any differences in the packageing? reason I ask is I am very serously debating in purchasing a new roy as my old one has so many issues. Will there at least be a little sticker stating its a 2nd edition like on the 2nd edition YF-19's box? Reason I ask is I want to make sure I am getting a 2nd edition Roy when I buy one.

Edited by GobotFool

Doubtful IMO. This is hardly broken "tab B" or VF-11 hips here. Though I guess it's possible. Can anyone say if there was there a big outcry (EDIT: IN JAPAN!) about the crooked skulls and droopy canopy (amongst other things) with the Hikaru and Roy 1/48? That's the only way I see Yamato advertising it (otherwise they doom sales of any remaining stock they have of the previous release).

Edited by Uxi

Could just be me, but I assume there will be some indication on the box (part # or SKU) that this is a different release.

Not doing so would create just as many issues for Yamato as it would us and our sellers.

Could just be me, but I assume there will be some indication on the box (part # or SKU) that this is a different release.sellers.

You're right, I'm hoping for some difference as I want a 1/48 Roy, but don't want to get stuck with one of the old ones. AFAIK, the only times Yamato put "2nd ed" stickers or anything like that was due to rather cataclysmic problems with previous versions. Still I don't know if Yamato HAS done re-issues before, though I'm assuming they have. The 1/48 improvements, while making for an even better toy aren't fixing problems that result in broken toys (though I'm thinking a 2nd ed. sticker for the 1/48 would/should be based around a redesigned backpack hinge!).

Are they going to mark the reissues of the the various 1/60s as 2nd Ed? The leg and gunpod improvements are comprable to 1/48 nosecone and flaps IMO.