Kinda OT: A 7.8 Earthquake hit Japan today.

UN Spacy

Not to make light of the situation, but isn't that where Mr. Sparkle soap is made?

Hopefully Yamato didn't get sent to the land of Wind and Ghosts. :(

:lol::lol::lol:

Join me or die! Can you do any less?

What a brave corporate logo! We accept the challenge of Mr Sparkle!

Earthquakes are commonplace in Japan, I got quite used to them when I was there for two years. Hokkaido is the northernmost island, and is far less populated than Honshu, so It's not as major as it sounds.

Even the article says that another earthquake shook Japan 6 days ago.

Only six days ago a 5.5-magnitude quake shook Japan.

Weak. I don't think much happened. A fire, some people injured... nothing like the 1995 one.

Oh, yellowlightman, the article says Japan sits on 4 plates. (news to me!) That must suck.

Earthquakes happen almost every day there. Usually they are weak sub 3.0 shocks that no one really feels. Once in a while you get one's around 5 that sway buildings. I was in Hiroshima in 2001 when they had a 5 or 6, and that wasn't very fun, especially since I was walking through a covered shopping mall.

Edited by imode

Oh, yellowlightman, the article says Japan sits on 4 plates. (news to me!) That must suck.

Earthquakes happen almost every day there. Usually they are weak sub 3.0 shocks that no one really feels. Once in a while you get one's around 5 that sway buildings. I was in Hiroshima in 2001 when they had a 5 or 6, and that wasn't very fun, especially since I was walking through a covered shopping mall.

Makes sense I guess, I dunno as I said I know nothing about plate techtonics.

Funny thing to me is people from other parts of the US always making comments about California's earthquakes. In my 19 years here I've felt all of three. One was the Napa earthwuake a few years ago, and a the other two were little tiny quakes down here in LA. I find peopel tend to get really over excited about earthquakes.