Have a question:

jorawar_b

Hey guys, I wanted to know, I have alomst the complete MPC collection, also the 1/60 yamato collection and slowly working on the 1/48 collection. My question is the following:

1. How much do you think either of the collections will be worth in the future?

the reason why I am asking is that I have to much stuff and wanted to sell the either MPC or some of the 1/60 stuff, should I hold on to it or just sell it?

I am more in to the rare resin kits than the toys.

The MPC's? Worth Bugger all.

The Yamato 1/60s will be worth something, but not much, if at all.

Yamato 1/48s? Worth heaps. Just look at the rare stuff like the Hikaru VF-1S and the Low Viz.

There were some exceptions on the MPCs on ebay, but you can bet that those people were ignorant of the Yamato's existance or even are too stupid to realise that what Yamato produces is way superior.

From what I've seen, the MPCs have plummeted in price since their releases. I've seen MPCs going for as low as 17-20 dollars.

As for the rest, well, I see them growing more expensive as they become rare, especially the 1/48ths, but the market is saturated with VF-1 toys right now, and if we ever do go back to the dark days of multi-thousand dollar Bandai 1/55s, and many hundred dollar bootlegs (I hope we don't), then it will be quite a long time from now.

I'd reccomend holding onto the 1/48ths first and foremost, followed by the 1/60s. If you decide to sell your MPCs, whether you do it now or later, you're likely to sell at a loss.

I'd say keep the MPC for now. The only MPCs worth double its original MSRP are Rick Hunter and Roy Fokker. Yamato 1/60s you will surely sell at a loss if you bought them when they first came out. I bought mine for $80. The 1/48s are the shining gems and will be worth a lot.

I suggest you keep them all, don't sell it.

I know the mpc not good when compare with other macross toys,

but as a collection, this is a funny product,

worth to keep it as you own the full set~

I sold the yamato 1/60 HIKARU SUPER 1J when the 1/48 come out,

but now I want to get it back, but no way....

317301[/snapback]

When you say the whole collection, I assume you are including the weird one that came up when the Robotech Game came out? VF-1R wasnt it called? Ugh. I dunno. I just think that was fugly. I have the MPCs but not that one since I dont consider it as the collection to the Robotech series. I guess to each their own.

Anyways, your collection is what you make of it. Do what you like and what you want to do. Dont let anyone dictate your collecting. If you feel it is too much, then by all means sell some. Just make sure you will not regret it. I had extra MISB MPCs and I sold them and I got my money back. If I kept them, I coulda made more money on the Rick Hunter but I would not have sold the rest possibly. All in all I think came out ahead.

Here's a tip... sell all your toys for what anyone will give you for them. And start buying models.

:D

317305[/snapback]

Model kits going up more than toys? Maybe resin kits that were expensive to begin with.

i agree this, just do what you like to do, i think now is kinda late for collecte 1/48, coz the price is getting so high, but i am lucky to get the VF-1S(fire one) with 120 usd, but sicne last time on ebay the item was sold like almost 300 usd, otherwise i would like to get one more of it...... :angry:

I suggest you keep them all, don't sell it.

I know the mpc not good when compare with other macross toys,

but as a collection, this is a funny product,

worth to keep it as you own the full set~

I sold the yamato 1/60 HIKARU SUPER 1J when the 1/48 come out,

but now I want to get it back, but no way....

317301[/snapback]

When you say the whole collection, I assume you are including the weird one that came up when the Robotech Game came out? VF-1R wasnt it called? Ugh. I dunno. I just think that was fugly. I have the MPCs but not that one since I dont consider it as the collection to the Robotech series. I guess to each their own.

Anyways, your collection is what you make of it. Do what you like and what you want to do. Dont let anyone dictate your collecting. If you feel it is too much, then by all means sell some. Just make sure you will not regret it. I had extra MISB MPCs and I sold them and I got my money back. If I kept them, I coulda made more money on the Rick Hunter but I would not have sold the rest possibly. All in all I think came out ahead.

317360[/snapback]

I was lucky to come accross a low viz for a real steal, couldn't pass it up. I was thinking of selling my mpc set as a whole, but I have been getting a lot of low offers, so its like why not just hold on to them and see what happens.

I can't wait to see what toynami does with the tread, hopefully its not real cheap in quality like the alpha's.

I think collecting anything Macross in the hopes of a large monetary increase would be kind of optomistic at this point. I would bet at some point Yamato will come full circle and re-release all the 1/48s. They will see demand climbing and climbing and they will plop 'em back into our hands. The 1/72 and 1/60s may not see another run but they're vastly inferior to the 1/48 so their value will certainly hit a glass ceiling (more so for the 1/60s as the 1/72s have less competition). The Takatokus, Joons, and Bandai 1/55s will now also have a much lower ceiling as the 1/48 has clearly limited the collectibility of those to truly diehard fans and the sentimental types. The MPCs are a bit of a wildcard. They won't be re-released and they have greater access to the American market. They also don't compare to the 1/48s but they certainly stand their ground against the 1/60s and the Bandais 1/55s. I would guess they have more long-term value than most the 1/60s but not nearly that of most the 1/48s (even if the 1/48s see several more rounds of production).

When you say the whole collection, I assume you are including the weird one that came up when the Robotech Game came out?  VF-1R wasnt it called? Ugh.  I dunno.  I just think that was fugly. I have the MPCs but not that one since I dont consider it as the collection to the Robotech series.  I guess to each their own. 

Anyways, your collection is what you make of it.  Do what you like and what you want to do. Dont let anyone dictate your collecting.  If you feel it is too much, then by all means sell some.  Just make sure you will not regret it.  I had extra MISB MPCs and I sold them and I got my money back. If I kept them, I coulda made more money on the Rick Hunter but I would not have sold the rest possibly.  All in all I think came out ahead.

317360[/snapback]

i don't know what he collected, but he said "almost" , maybe he own the ugly

YF-1R. :p

I just think there must have a reason make him buy the MPC series at the past.

the different is, he allready own it, not using a high price to collection those ugly stuff, if sell it now, the price is cheap, and or someday he will miss it much~! :lol:

and one more , I think the mpc series is a historical product in the macross history,

not about it's beauilty or ugly, is about it's special funny stupid design~ :lol:

*** I just buy a YF-1R in the MPC series,just because It's really funny on the stupid look, and more important is the price very cheap~! *** :lol: