Destroid Spartan

Pazu

Hi Macross fans. It's been awhile since I posted here, but I am currently working on something which might interest you guys. :)

Its Destroid Spartan based on Nichimo's kit. Just some in-progress here. Enjoy!

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

BTW, is the largest Destroid Spartan kit out the a 1/72? Thanks. B))

That's a great start!

There is a 1/72 scale kit of the spartan, but it is pretty hard to find. There is also a 1/100 scale kit that is pretty easy to find. Either one may help you with references. There are some good lineart images out there too that would be good for references.

What are you building this out of? Sheet styrene? The hand looks like it was carved.

Keep up the good work!

I think the matchbox toy ones were close to 1/55 scale. It's been a while since I did the math but there was an old thread were all the scales were worked out past the decimal. If you want line art I have a 1/100 kit I was going to make to keep my 1/100 valks company but twill be a long time before I do so. SO if you want the kit... or just the box for the art, let me know ;)

Great build, Pazu!

These parts look VERY precise and I´m sure your Spartan will be a definite improvement over the old ARII kit. Are you planning to make it poseable or will it be a static display piece?

bhop: Heh. Nice to see you here.

>EXO<: Everything is scratchbuild. Including the hands (they are called Crow Hands. Cool. B)) ) :lol:

honneamise: Nice to see a comment from a master scratch-builder like yourself. ;) I plan to make it as re-poseable as possible but I will not sacrifice details over poseability. Meaning the knee/elbow joints will probably be static. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Pazu,

I'm doing the same in 1/35th scale if you haven't seen. I'm having trouble with the hand, fingers, and forearm. Would you share your measurements or drawings?

I'd be willing to share what I have...

I have in AutoCAD the torso, waist, chest missile bays, thighs, shins, forearms, and shoulders.

-THOR

I'm doing the same in 1/35th scale if you haven't seen.

I'm sorry.. actually I haven't. I didn't find your works when I searched the forum. :huh: I sure would like to see them!

I would like to share with you but the hands are purely sculpted out of freeform, I didn't draw any plans for them.

Thanks guys but this is still far from being complete. I am not sure about making casts because of the complexity and large undercuts. I am not sure if you guys would be interested enough to warrant it too. :huh: