80s robot bug toys

This is a long shot, and I can't quite figure out why I remembered these things out of the blue, but I'm trying to identify a set of toys I had as a kid and thought maybe some of you Gen X 2.0 kids can help me out here:

There were these 3 mechanoid bugs released some time before 1983. They were each about 10" long. There was a spider a scorpion and a dragonfly. They each had cockpits with pilot figures molded inside. They weren't Zoids, at least I don't think they were. They were non-transformable and they weren't building toys.

The scorpion was mostly orange with red trim and it had a blue morning star type thing where his stinger would be at the end of a segmented tail, and if you pulled the ball off of the tail, it was attached by a little chain and you could swing it around. The pincers opened and closed through the use of a spring mechanism and there were little wheels on the belly so that when you scooted the critter across the floor his legs would move.

The dragonfly was purple. It had a little dial you could spin with your thumb to make kind of a chirping noise, it had suction cup landing gear/feet so it could stick to walls, and it had a bright green bomb that it held under its belly in a set of arms. When you flipped a switch, the arms separated and released the bomb. There was a small, plastic stinger at the end of the tail that was molded in the same color plastic as the bright green bomb.

The spider was black and had the same underbelly wheel mechanism that the scorpion did to make the legs move. It had mandibles that you could lock open and then push a yellow button to snap close. It had a sort of clamshell transparent plastic piece that covered most of the butt end of the thing, but sticking out of the back end, there was a light purple or maybe gray spring loaded projectile cannon that launched a red grappling hook that had string attached to it.

Help me geeks of the 80s...you're my only hope.

Edited by Draykov

This thread reminds me of the Insectors, or whatever the heck they were called.

People riding giant bugs.

All I remember was the spider toy was mounted on top of a glove, and your fingers were the spider legs.

I REALLY dont think ANYONE wanted to know that one man.

I had a mouthful of MT Dew come out of my nose thanks to you :D . It hurts :angry::D

Awesome! Thats what I wanted.