Paranoia Agent

NERV

i cant exactly make out a plot yet, but so far i love the style, animation, and soundtrack, already one of my favorite intros

gainax does tend to put out bizzare yet interesting, quality animation, i am looking forward to see where this series goes.

For Samurai Champloo I think it's pretty good! I mean, it's no incredible "name-brand" dubbing like they do in Miyazaki flicks, but it's a *damn* sight better then FocksBox!

Of course, that's just my opinion. As for Paranoia Agent, meh. Not really into weird-anime as much (though Evangelion was ok).

jwinges, dont put paranoia agent and scryed in the same lump, scryed is like a lame super sentai show, im sure once they introduce all the main characters itll become a monster of the week thing ;)

You're assuming it already isn't.

Or is this just paranoia?

-NOS

Who has no idea of WTF he's saying anymore

How are you all getting this? Fansubed, or TV?

Gainax has yet to really please me in any of their shows: "creativity" doesn't always mean "quality." I just liked the music of FLCL, and that's about it.

It's on Adult Swim.

I'm sorry but some kid with a bat and a set of rollerblades isn't going to cause any paranoia in me.

Scryed is definitely toonami material. It reeks of kiddiness. Cheesy as hell...might as well be Yugio for all I care.

Samurai Champloo...I loved the story and action, hated the music. But I will add that it was a creative choice. I just can't stand rap.

FLCL...funny cool and zany. still don't know if I like it or was just mezmorized by the insanity.

Gainix...loved NGE and Gunbuster. Can't remember if I've seen anything else they've done offhand. B))

Paranoia? Trust the Computer, the Computer is your friend ... now where's my clone? :ph34r:

Sorry, wrong Paranoia! :D

Mine eyes have seen the coming of another Commie horde,

If I can hold them off alone Hot Fun is my reward,

"Please engage the menace, Citizen" I hear on my comcord,

When will the Vultures arrive?

(Chorus)

Glory, Glory, Hail Computer

My clone keeps marching on.

They're advancing on all sides now and I'll soon be overrun,

I try to open fire but there's a malfunction with my gun,

So I toss a nuke grenade and then turn tail and run,

When will the Vultures arrive?

(Chorus)

The Commies are all vapor now and for that I'm real glad,

My geiger-counter indicates I took a thousand rad,

I check with the Computer and find out that's not too bad,

When will the docbot arrive?

(Chorus)

;)

• 1 year later...

I saw the first episode on AdultSwim the other night and it caught my interest. It looked like there was going to be a really good story. 8 episodes later and I'm asking myself just what the hell is this show about? I watched 9 of the 13 episodes in their entirety, and skimmed through the last 4...the show makes no sense whatsoever.... There's like no story whatsoever at all!!!

There's this girl who creates Little Slugger to cover up what happened to her dog....
That's all I got of the 13 episodes. ....... What the hell does that have to do with the first episode though? What do the other episodes have to do with any of it? What do any of the episodes have to do with each other? They were more like individual stories of their own using the Little Slugger theme which don't seem to tie together the first few episodes.. The first few episodes were the only ones that made any actual sense to me... ....All I can say is WTF? ............... W T F?! Were these guys on crack, heroin, meth, shrooms and acid all at the same time or something??? Edited by Oihan

Have yet seen it but I trust Satoshi Kon to do a great job, never doubted him.

406610[/snapback]

It'll keep you watching (it did me)...but it left me asking wtf and rather disappointed that the whole series is as random as it is and makes no real sense, as far as the rest of the episodes being all tied together with the first few episodes.

Edited by Oihan

Thread necromancy!

Whatever I missed this last year, so I get to discucss it now.

I liked how Paranoia Agent started, it was increadibly interesting but the ending was kind of a let down. I'm not sure why but it just felt kind of meh. I think I might have been expecting it to go in a different direcion than it did, and was disapointed when it didn't.