Invision board-settings regarding images

Invision has quite a bunch of very neat features. Just check your board-settings options.

Since an otherwise good thread (the collections-thread in Toys) was recently closed, I like to understand if the new board-settings such as:

Do you wish to view images in posts, such as smilies and posted images? YES/NO

is broken already or is really not that effective of a board-feature at all. Especially for 56k dial-up members.

Just wondering about this.

--treatment--

This will probably be for the 56kers to decide. They can disable sigs and avatars. If they disable images, then they probably won't know what others are making noise about. But it will be up to them. People should consider reducing the size of their pics anyways. If people are posting 1280x1024 size pics...then they are being quite inconsiderate to the 56kers and should have their pics edited.

I just tested this

It removes images and smilies emebedded in the thread

but NOT

attached images

Not sure yet about the max pic size(wxh) option-but it has been recently brought up to investigate a way to put a cap on it (if you post a really large pic, then rest of the thread requires you to use the horizontal scrolling bard to read the post

S

The horizontal scrolling thing has been the one thing I don't like about the new forums. I find it incredibly annoying. Is there any way to fix it by only resizing the frame of the post the pic is in, like it was on the previous forums?

A maximum pic size would work too... but that'd have to be implemented for both attatched and linked images. And I have no idea if either are possible to limit by image size.