Revenge of the Sith - Model kits

And I agree, the s-foils on the ARC definitely look like an afterthought.. I mean, there aren't even any visible components attached to them. At least with the X-Wing, spreading the wings gives the engines a wider base, and the guns a more spread out firing pattern. All the s-foils on the ARC do is make a bigger target. :p

According to the RotS Increadible Cross Sections book, the S-Foils on the ARC-170 are supposed to be heat sinks. They open up to help dissipate heat generated by the guns and shields.

Graham

Well, Graham just shut me up about the s-foils lol

I had just formed an opinion about a blantent and un-needed x-wing tie in, and Graham killed it. :)

Anyway, heatsinks make sense, given the size of the two engines.

[edit]

just saw the prices for the revell snap together kits... $25 for the jedi starfighters I can deal with, but $40 for the ARC fighter it too much for me. I'll just gave to wait until the Actionfleet come out.

Edited by one_klump

According to the RotS Increadible Cross Sections book, the S-Foils on the ARC-170 are supposed to be heat sinks. They open up to help dissipate heat generated by the guns and shields.

Hehe.. that's kinda what I assumed their purpose was. It does look kind o like there are cooling vents or something under those panels when they fold out.

Guest Bromgrev
Does the nose of that ARC-170 look a little short?

Looks very short to me.

These kits seem to be in the shops here in the UK, but so far I've only seen the AT-RT, Droid Tri-Fighter and Jedi Star Destroyer. All the Jedi Starfighters and ARC170's probably sold out right away. :angry:

RE: Grievous' ship: those were some tough windows to withstand re-entry like that, when most of the rest of the ship burnt up ... ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Bump!

Is this a Revell Germany release?

Yeah, the Revell Germany kits are the only ones available right now. From what I've heard, the AMT kits will hit north american shelves some time this fall. Why so late? I dunno, its just AMT's way of saying "We don't care."

If any of you are in the Paris area, I saw some of the revell kits at the Bon Marché, in the underground toy section.

I don't remember how much they cost. I know it's not much use for anyone outside of France, but hey if you wind up in the area they might have some left...

Bump!

Is this a Revell Germany release?

Yeah, the Revell Germany kits are the only ones available right now. From what I've heard, the AMT kits will hit north american shelves some time this fall. Why so late? I dunno, its just AMT's way of saying "We don't care."

Thanks! Some of the local models shops (here stateside) caryy Revell Germany kits. Maybe I'll be lucky!