Yamato's Display Arm

Graham

For those who haven't seen the Hasegawa stand, here's a link from HLJ. Definitely NOT accurate, but the design does have some smarts - there's plenty of clearance underneath, even for a FP Valk & gunpod or a VE-1 with everything on. And there's a little "hook" on both support truts to catch the wing for a secure elevated pose. Too bad there's no sideways tilt, and of course, it's a KIT. I doubt it can take a hefty 1/60 Valk safely over a long period of time. Ther other thing is... it seems the Valk will be resting on its wings. No big deal for a lightweight kit, bad stress for a 1/60.

As is often the case, Yamato has a POTENTIAL winner in their hands. I do hope Yamato finds a way to improve the bottom clearance so that the 1/48s can take their gunpods along. And most of all, beef up the base of the pivot arm. Hopefully they'll have a means to securely lock the various hinges too.

Don't like it much, not because of the quality, but the way the valks sits on the arm. Instead of the arm clamping on the valk, it looks like the valk's arm is "sitting" on the display arm. Can see quite obvious that the display arm is not clamping on the valk... <_<

Still liked sithlord's display arms better..... it can support the valk while in a mid-transformation pose. That's the coolest pose I have ever seen. B)

No way that Yamato's display arm can display a valk on a mid-transformation post...

Looks to be the same arm holding both Valks, see the way it engulfs the YF-21?.

At least it appears they will make a one size fits all version, and not gank us with sizes for all three sizes of Valk.

If they do so, then I'll just to wait for it's release & purchase it. It would be a lot better if they could replicate what TheLoneWolf has shown.

Edited by Angel's Fury

Here is another great pic of a VF-11 on a launch arm

WOW! Where the heck did you get those CGI shots from? ANd is there any wallpaper of those screens?

Go here to Ryoutaro's Atelier, and click on the Gallere button. I highly recommend downloading the movie that those shots were taken from. There are also some pictures of the VF-11 in all modes.

B)

Edited by Capt Hungry

Too bad a real rendition of the DYRL launcharm is mechanically impossible

(i.e. the backpack wouldn't be able to carry the weight and break)

these look very nice, but not quite right :unsure:

Too bad no one took out the time to invent a miniture anti-gravity device (Heh, heh) Think of what we could accomplish with it. (You know that this is a joke and I am not being serious, but sounds like a good idea though)

Shucks, from the looks of it, in order to mount the 1/48 Valk with Fps, the gunpod has to be removed in order for the entire piece to sit snuggly into the crane assembly itself. Adding to that, im wondering wether the arm piece would be able to withstand the huge weight of the 1/48 with Fps. This sort of motivates me to get the acryllic stands instead of these. Cheaper and affordable. Btw Graham, i just found out that these acryllic stands that sithlord sells are also readily available in Hong Kong, its being sold at a model shop in Wanchai.

Cheers

Hey recon!

It which part of Wanchi? How much are they? I want to get some!!

Edited by Swoosh