Stargate: SG1 and Atlantis get new cast members

Effect

This might be a little old but don't recall any topic about it.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.p...gory=2&id=30372

12:00 AM, 07-FEBRUARY-05

Stars Join SG-1, Atlantis

SCI FI Channel announced that Beau Bridges, Lou Gossett Jr. and The X-Files' Mitch Pileggi will join the casts of Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis as the two shows gear up production for their new seasons.

Bridges will join SG-1 as Gen. Hank Landry, the new head of Stargate Command, when Jack O'Neill (Richard Dean Anderson) is promoted to oversee Homeworld Security. Bridges will have a regular role on SG-1 and will also appear in a few episodes of Atlantis.

Oscar winner Gossett joins the cast of SG-1 in a recurring role as a Jaffa leader who vies with Teal'c (Christopher Judge) for political control of the new Jaffa nation.

Pileggi, best known to SF fans for his recurring X-Files role as assistant FBI director Walter Skinner, takes on a recurring role in Atlantis as a hard-nosed colonel who butts heads with Dr. Weir (Torri Higginson) and Maj. Sheppard (Joe Flanigan).

Production on both Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis is set to begin in March for summer premieres on SCI FI.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main.ht...12/15/11.00.sfc

09:00am ET, 15-December-04

Browder Joins SG-1

SCI FI Channel confirmed that Farscape star Ben Browder will join the cast of SCI FI's original series Stargate SG-1. Browder will join the cast in the show's upcoming ninth season; no information on Browder's role was available. Meanwhile, the show's producer, MGM, is still working on a deal to bring back SG-1 star Richard Dean Anderson (Gen. O'Neill) in some capacity.

SG-1 will air the remaining new eighth-season episodes, starting Jan. 21, 2005, in a new Friday 8 p.m. ET/PT timeslot, followed by the new episodes of Stargate Atlantis at 9 p.m. and the new original series Battlestar Galactica at 10 p.m.

Mitchell.jpg

Thjs is from the new preview for the new season that starts in July. From what I'm reading on the SciFi message boards, his character's name is going to be Lt. Col Mitchell. Not sure what the first name is. Since Richard Dean Anderson is leaving and might be doing guess spots if possible, I think Ben Browder's character is suppose to become the new leader of the SG-1 team.

Looking forward to how his character is going to be. I thought he was great in Farscape. I just hope his character is somewhat different from his Farscape character.

I knew about Browder, Bridges, and Pileggi, but I had no idea that Louis Gossett, Jr. was joining the party. Those are fine additions to the already strong casts of both shows. Luckily July isn't that far away.

I think Ben Browder outta do a pretty good job... the man looks good touching that Stargate, lol, although at times I think he's very close to becoming typecast as "that Farscape guy", just like how Scott Bakula was never really taken seriously after Quantum Leap ended.

Claudia Black (another Farscape cast member) is also coming on SG-1, except not as a main character. She'll be making a few guest appearences in the 9th season.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news04/041218b.php

Claudia Black already made an appearance this season. It's cool that they're going to bring her back again. I wonder how the first meeting of her character and Browder's character will go?

Oops. I should have read that Dark Horizons article before posting. They mentioned that she has already been on SG1.

Edited by combined arms

• 3 months later...

Whoa, way old thread. Anyone watch SG-1 and Atlantis last night.

Nice season openers. SG-1 was pretty good with the way they set up the story line. Very nicely done. I almost wish they could make Vala a regular cast, but her quirks makes her a much better guest star. Her jabs at Jackson was hilarious. Never saw Farscape, but Browder seems to be a good new addition.

Atlantis was also a nice start.... loved the concept of asgard beaming nukes aboard other ships. Given that Ford is now a guest star role, that might be an interesting new story line. One problem, and they didn't deal with that well, Tayla mentally connects with the Wraith, shouldn't they have been able to still sense her after the explosion? Or did they establish earlier that Tayla had to initiate the connection... The story was a bit bad on that score, they should've dialed an address before hand, and a few minutes before the nuking, send Tayla off, then have an SG team get her afterwards.

I'm not very excited about the new general they have for SG1. He seems like he could be cool, like a cross between O'Neil & Gen. Hammond, but the way he just showed up out of the blue leaves me a little cold.

I always liked Ben Browder on Farscape. He's a little flat, but has the sort of energy and attitude that the show needs. The last few seasons have been pretty stale & stupid, ever since R.D.Anderson got obviously sick of putting effort into his role.

God I wish Teal'c would shave his head again.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if she will be on the show a lot but it seems that Lexa Doig is on tonights episode. She played the Andromeda Ascendant ("Rommie")(ship's AI and the android) on the show Andromeda. Seems like she might be the new doctor there but not sure. Only going by what was shown at the beginning of the episode.

Not sure if she will be on the show a lot but it seems that Lexa Doig is on tonights episode. She played the Andromeda Ascendant ("Rommie")(ship's AI and the android) on the show Andromeda. Seems like she might be the new doctor there but not sure. Only going by what was shown at the beginning of the episode.

317831[/snapback]

I'm glad she is off of Andromeda, that show started off ok, and then became seriously screwed up. I think she's gonna be Fraser's replacement... now my understanding is that she is Landry's daughter, but in real life, she is married to Shanks (Daniel Jackson)... Scifi is actually doing well with their own little crop of actors these days.

I gotta say, these new episodes have been great! Almost recaptures the initial delight I felt when I first started to watch the show. FAR more chemistry between these new characters than there was between the original cast in the later seasons (when O'neil got sick of it)

Claudia Black is fantastic as Vala. I love her space-slurm-charlatan act, nice contrast from the hard & stearn character she played on Farscape and in other movies.

Now if they could onyl get Teal'c to shave his head again...

ok,i hated the thought of this from the beggining.browder & black staring as new characters on stargate sg-1.my first thought was that i't be john chriton in an airforce uniform.i was correct.don't get me wrong,i absolutely loved them on farscape,but they are 2 tottally different shows.don't mix the 2 together.stargate has enjoyed having a dream-team cast for many years now.if it ain't broke,don't fix it.seeing claudia black hang all over michael shanks' character just made me cringe,cause that's not what i'm used to seeing from her.i really am sad to see the show heading this way.although,i do like the addition of lexa doig to the show.she fits in nicely as the doctor & she's a cutie-petutie too.

after all these years,i'm gonna stop watching soon if they don't start making better decisions with cast selection,etc. <_<

I haven't seen a single SG-1 since the season started.... stupid friday night timespot falling right when I'm out.....

I need Tivo...

318256[/snapback]

Dude they do REPEAT after the first showing

there is an encore presentation right after the first run of BSg and dont fool any one here into think you go out Firday nights we know better :p

I haven't seen a single SG-1 since the season started.... stupid friday night timespot falling right when I'm out.....

I need Tivo...

318256[/snapback]

Dude they do REPEAT after the first showing

there is an encore presentation right after the first run of BSg and dont fool any one here into think you go out Firday nights we know better :p

318265[/snapback]

I've heard stories about this ancient technological device called a "Video Cassette Recorder" that lets you record TV shows onto an analog tape so you can watch them after they have originally aired! Absolutely fascinating! Ah, the wonders of modern science! These dinosaurs can still be found in stores, but their niche is quickly being filled by some crazy new thing called a "Digital Video Disc Recorder". I'm not completely sure, but I think these new devices were created using something called "Robotechnology" and powered by some virtually unknown substance commonly called "Protoculture". LOL! Sorry for the bad joke!