Box for VF-1S Strike Valk 1/55 Bandai '84

Agent-GHQ

What's up everyone! Awhile back I won an auction of the Macross VF-1S Strike Valk 1/55 by Bandai '84. Upon scrunity, I learned that the texture of the box is silky smooth, not the commonly ruff texure. Is this normal or manufacturer error? Every thing looks the same except the silky smooth and glossy finish. It just doesn't have the rugged and durable feel though. On the box, it has the "Bigwest" and "Gold colored Tatsunoko" sticker on it too. I don't know? But does anyone have this kind of box for your Strike Valk?

While I dont own any original BANDAI boxes I do have Takatoku box. Perhaps you are confusing Takatoku and Bandai. Takatoku has a sort fo wriggling worm lookign texture to their boxes. I dont think Bandai does hence in your case.

or its a shoddy bootleg and you should just give it to me for disposal :lol:

Edited by Solscud007

Ahh, yes. Takatoku has a sort fo wriggling worm lookign texture to their boxes, but how do I explain this to the Judge when my other VF-1S Strike Valk has that wriggling texture too. I mean I have like 10 VF-1S Strike Valk 1/55 by Bandai '84, but just my last one came in a box w/ the silky smooth texture with high gloss finish. They both look indentical w/ appropriate year, label, text etc. Besides, I have the original Takatoku too. Strange huh?

By the way Solscud007, I can give it to you because its evidences for this discussion.

By the way Solscud007, I can give it to you because its evidences for this discussion.

i think he means so he can keep it as part of his permenent collection :p

While I dont own any original BANDAI boxes I do have Takatoku box. Perhaps you are confusing Takatoku and Bandai. Takatoku has a sort fo wriggling worm lookign texture to their boxes. I dont think Bandai does hence in your case.

or its a shoddy bootleg and you should just give it to me for disposal :lol:

actually I have both regular bandai strike box and tatsunoko strike boxes and both have that wriggling worm look on it too. I was wondering why it was like that. Anyway, Alpha-GHQ can you take some close up pictures of it?

Ahh, yes. Takatoku has a sort fo wriggling worm lookign texture to their boxes, but how do I explain this to the Judge when my other VF-1S Strike Valk has that wriggling texture too. I mean I have like 10 VF-1S Strike Valk 1/55 by Bandai '84, but just my last one came in a box w/ the silky smooth texture with high gloss finish. They both look indentical w/ appropriate year, label, text etc. Besides, I have the original Takatoku too. Strange huh?

whoa, you have 10 strike valks? Are they all boxed? or just the last one you bought is boxed? Since you have that many strikes, does this mean you have extra parts for those strikes? I'm missing some parts that I need to complete mine. Let me know! Thanx! :p:D:lol:

whoa, you have 10 strike valks? Are they all boxed? or just the last one you bought is boxed? Since you have that many strikes, does this mean you have extra parts for those strikes? I'm missing some parts that I need to complete mine. Let me know! Thanx! :p:D:lol:

you don't miss a beat do you? :p:lol:

What's up guys! Okay, I have a few questions so i'll address them accordingly:

1.) For close-up pictures, I can't show any because i'm not at home. I'm stationed like in the opposite coast. When I do post the pictures, it probably won't be up until around X-Mas '05 or so. I know, it sucks but staying alert and combating "Terrorism" is a priority at work. But will post them as stated.

2.) From Bobe-Patt, whoa, you have 10 strike valks? Are they all boxed? or just the last one you bought is boxed? Since you have that many strikes, does this mean you have extra parts for those strikes? I'm missing some parts that I need to complete mine. Let me know! Thanx!

A.) Yes, I have about 10. Guess you can say i'm obssesed!

B.) All boxed, except for one. This one has the box w/ styro only.

C.) Yes, in fact I have extra parts. The box w/ styro as mentioned. Oh, let me see: the back-pack, 4 left calf cover w/ prongs, 2 set of leg armor, gun clip.

While I dont own any original BANDAI boxes I do have  Takatoku box. Perhaps you are confusing Takatoku and Bandai. Takatoku has a sort fo wriggling worm lookign texture to their boxes. I dont think Bandai does hence in your case.

or its a shoddy bootleg and you should just give it to me for disposal  :lol:

actually I have both regular bandai strike box and tatsunoko strike boxes and both have that wriggling worm look on it too. I was wondering why it was like that. Anyway, Alpha-GHQ can you take some close up pictures of it?

What do you mean by Tastsunoko strike box? Did you mean Takatoku?

Only Bandai made a Strike Valkyrie.

The one I have has the textured box. However the Bandai Super Ostrich and Elintseeker boxes I've had were glossy/slick like the one AGENT-GHQ describes on his latest Strike. It's possible he has a later issue Strike which was released around the same time as the Elint and SuperO and the box stock had changed.

Thanks Glane21! That's right huh. The Elint Seeker and Super O had the smooth and silky texture compared to the VF-1S Strike Valk. And as you mentioned, perhaps the smooth and silky texture was the later released right long with the Elint Seeker and Super O. Possibly a production shift or something. Anyhow, just thought I advised everyone on my discovery.

As for your question about the "What do you mean by Tastsunoko strike box?," its that tiny little gold sticker w/ the picture of a seahorse. This sticker is the Tatsunoko. Also, there's another tiny little blue sticker of "Bigwest." These stickers must be the authentication of the model.

I just checked the only strike box I have and it's smooth. I got it from monkey a while back. Don't know if that helps. Have you checked the internal documentation to see if there are any other differences that might indicate a later run?

Oh yeah... whatever bobe doesn't take off you I will. He was supposed to stop after completing his FIRST strike and give some others a chance :rolleyes: . Got any spare seeker bits? I sooo wanna start recasting but nobodys selling a seeker at the moment :blink:

I just checked the only strike box I have and it's smooth. I got it from monkey a while back. Don't know if that helps. Have you checked the internal documentation to see if there are any other differences that might indicate a later run?

Oh yeah... whatever bobe doesn't take off you I will. He was supposed to stop after completing his FIRST strike and give some others a chance :rolleyes: . Got any spare seeker bits? I sooo wanna start recasting but nobodys selling a seeker at the moment :blink:

haha, don't worry. I don't need any of the parts he listed except for the gunclip. So whatchu want for the gunclip? :p:D:lol:

While I dont own any original BANDAI boxes I do have  Takatoku box. Perhaps you are confusing Takatoku and Bandai. Takatoku has a sort fo wriggling worm lookign texture to their boxes. I dont think Bandai does hence in your case.

The one I have has the textured box. However the Bandai Super Ostrich and Elintseeker boxes I've had were glossy/slick like the one AGENT-GHQ describes on his latest Strike. It's possible he has a later issue Strike which was released around the same time as the Elint and SuperO and the box stock had changed.

nope, I'm not talking about takatoku. Tatsunoko like agent - GHQ stated is the company that I guess released the last few sets of the strike valk. But one thing that I've noticed is that all the people who were selling the tatsunoko boxes off of ebay had the valk correct but had the jetfire armor instead. So what I'm guessing is that when bandai stopped making the figures, Tatsunoko picked up the left over valks and packed them with jetfire armor. I've also seen the elint come with the jetfire armor as well. So before you buy another strike, make sure it comes with the actual strike armor! ;):p:D:lol:

nope, I'm not talking about takatoku. Tatsunoko like agent - GHQ stated is the company that I guess released the last few sets of the strike valk. But one thing that I've noticed is that all the people who were selling the tatsunoko boxes off of ebay had the valk correct but had the jetfire armor instead. So what I'm guessing is that when bandai stopped making the figures, Tatsunoko picked up the left over valks and packed them with jetfire armor. I've also seen the elint come with the jetfire armor as well. So before you buy another strike, make sure it comes with the actual strike armor! ;):p:D:lol:

I dunno pat. I think since jetfires are so easily accessible compares to Strikes that is why they have teh jetfire armor. THey prolly lost their strike armor. Dangit I need a strike

I dunno pat. I think since jetfires are so easily accessible compares to Strikes that is why they have teh jetfire armor. THey prolly lost their strike armor. Dangit I need a strike

I can verify that Elints were indeed packaged with Jetfire armor from the factory as I bought a few from a retailer that way back in the 80's. I had not heard of any Strikes sold that way but it is possible. I would say this is another point in the timeline between when the production went from:

Takatoku -> Tatsunoko? -> Matsushiro -> Bandai

well... here is an auction I was bidding on just for giggles as I want a seeker box. Unfortunately it came without seeker armor so wasn't worth the selling price for me. Does have a strike with jetfire armor thrown in though. Informative for anybody?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEDW%3AIT&rd=1

well... here is an auction I was bidding on just for giggles as I want a seeker box. Unfortunately it came without seeker armor so wasn't worth the selling price for me. Does have a strike with jetfire armor thrown in though. Informative for anybody?

yeah, that's a good example of a tatsunoko box. If you look by the foot of the valk in box, you can see a little gold sticker to the right of the foot. That's the tatsunoko sticker I was talking about. And as you can see it not only comes with jetfire armor, but a jetfire as well! Another member on here won an auction last year for a strike boxed tatsunoko valk, but it came with jetfire armor and a minty white untouched jetfire. I didn't think anything of it as I was just focused on obtaining the sticker sheet from that set. The winner ended up keeping the minty jetfire and armor and sold me the sticker sheet, instructions (which were takatoku instructions like the one in the auction), box and styrofoam for like 40 bucks!! But now that we see another minty white jetfire here with the same exact contents that I bought, it just shows that there were some jetfires packaged in strike valk boxes. If I remember correctly, some of the jetfire transformer boxes also had tatsunoko stickers on them too. I'll have to check my jetfire box when I get home. So the tatsunoko company probably had left over jetfires and armor and decided to packaged them in strike/elintseeker boxes.

yeah, that's a good example of a tatsunoko box. If you look by the foot of the valk in box, you can see a little gold sticker to the right of the foot. That's the tatsunoko sticker I was talking about. And as you can see it not only comes with jetfire armor, but a jetfire as well! Another member on here won an auction last year for a strike boxed tatsunoko valk, but it came with jetfire armor and a minty white untouched jetfire. I didn't think anything of it as I was just focused on obtaining the sticker sheet from that set. The winner ended up keeping the minty jetfire and armor and sold me the sticker sheet, instructions (which were takatoku instructions like the one in the auction), box and styrofoam for like 40 bucks!! But now that we see another minty white jetfire here with the same exact contents that I bought, it just shows that there were some jetfires packaged in strike valk boxes. If I remember correctly, some of the jetfire transformer boxes also had tatsunoko stickers on them too. I'll have to check my jetfire box when I get home. So the tatsunoko company probably had left over jetfires and armor and decided to packaged them in strike/elintseeker boxes.

I think all jetfire boxes had the Tatsunoko seahorse sticker. Even my Bandai manufactured Jetfire's box had it and I bought it retail back in the day at KB.

BoBe-Patt means the sticker, not the printing. All my jetfire boxes have the tatsunoko symbol on them somewhere [8+] but only one has it as a sticker rather than printed on the box. At least I think thats what he means. I wish either of my matsu's was in the box they came in rather than a box that fit... I would know more :unsure:

BoBe-Patt means the sticker, not the printing. All my jetfire boxes have the tatsunoko symbol on them somewhere [8+] but only one has it as a sticker rather than printed on the box. At least I think thats what he means. I wish either of my matsu's was in the box they came in rather than a box that fit... I would know more :unsure:

My Bandai Jetfire has it's original box with the gold Tatsunoko sticker on the bottom right corner. A vast majority of the boxed Jetfires that ended on eBay have the gold sticker as well. The only one I saw that didn't have the sticker on it was a Canadian-released Jetfire with the bottom side being completely different.

Also, something I just noticed. There is a small "VALKRIE" trademark printed towards the bottom of the from side...even though the word is used no where else on the package or inserts.

Also, something I just noticed. There is a small "VALKRIE" trademark printed towards the bottom of the from side...even though the word is used no where else on the package or inserts.

is that on the jetfire boxes? can you take a pix of that?

Also, something I just noticed.  There is a small "VALKRIE" trademark printed towards the bottom of the from side...even though the word is used no where else on the package or inserts.

is that on the jetfire boxes? can you take a pix of that?

I never noticed that before so I went and looked. Good catch Sephiroth, I'm ashamed I never noticed that :blink:

it was on the first three boxes I checked so I stopped there. On the bottom left corner of the front of the box is where you will find it. Right under where it say autobot jetfire... it's the last word of the trademark information. I'll take a pic later if nobody beats me to it.

Edited by kanata67