1/48 scale FIRE VALK

HWR MKII

would enough of you be interested in a kit of Basara's fighter  

58 members have voted

1. 1. would enough of you be interested in a kit of Basara's fighter

• Yes do it
    • No we dont want it (M7 haters need not vote)

You may have read about my interest in making aVF-19 fire valk in some other threads and after discussing it with an undisclosed party i want to see what the demand of this kit would be . Macross 7 haters please do not vote! i am willing to make the masters for the parts on this kit and would like your input. The kit would be non variable fighter mode only.

so far there are 3 people onboard

plastik missle

jadefalconguard

grayson72

Edited by HWR MKII

I'm not a M7 hater and I havent voted yet...

But I was just wondering, wouldnt a blazer VF-19S/F be a better idea since the Fire Valk fighter is very similar to the YF-19 fighter? IMO, I dont think it'll be too hard to kitbash a 1/48 club m yf-19 into a fire valk but I think it'll be a lot harder making it into a blazer.

Just wondering... thats all...

I voted yes. Dependent upon price.

And I think AlphaHX is on to something. Assuming you're going to kitbash a Club M 1/48 or one of the Club M recasts etc. You would probably be better off to make the necessary parts so that the builder could make EITHER a Blazer OR the Fire Valk since the differences are subtle especially in fighter mode.

I looked into that myself and the only real difference between the blazer and fire versions would be the head lasers and wing shape . ill see what i can do when i get the parts going. Im not charging for my work either i would like the overhead to be as low as possible for the interested members here . no price yet as far as kit cost im putting the poll out to see if the demand is there for it.

Edited by HWR MKII

But I was just wondering, wouldnt a blazer VF-19S/F be a better idea since the Fire Valk fighter is very similar to the YF-19 fighter? IMO, I dont think it'll be too hard to kitbash a 1/48 club m yf-19 into a fire valk but I think it'll be a lot harder making it into a blazer.

Errrr.... No.

The VF-19A is nearly identical to the YF-19. But the VF-19F/S and VF-19Kai Fire Valkyrie are very different beasts.

Take a closer look at them in the art books. The Blazer and Fire valks have very different legs, shoulders, and shield than the YF-19 does. And the fuselage is a bit different too. Even the Fire Valkyrie's wings, though similar to the YF-19's, are different.

So you may want to reconsider the feasability of this project. If you're just looking to kitbash a YF-19, it'll take a lot more work than you may think.

But if you can make it happen, I'll pick one up. Though I think I'd prefer it in 1/72 :p

Errrr.... No.

The VF-19A is nearly identical to the YF-19. But the VF-19F/S and VF-19Kai Fire Valkyrie are very different beasts.

Take a closer look at them in the art books. The Blazer and Fire valks have very different legs, shoulders, and shield than the YF-19 does. And the fuselage is a bit different too. Even the Fire Valkyrie's wings, though similar to the YF-19's, are different.

So you may want to reconsider the feasability of this project. If you're just looking to kitbash a YF-19, it'll take a lot more work than you may think.

But if you can make it happen, I'll pick one up. Though I think I'd prefer it in 1/72 :p

That wasnt what I was implying. I've seen plenty of pictures and know the differences. <_<

What I'm saying is those who do want to kitbash their YF-19 to a VF-19 Kai will have a easier time compared to someone who wants to kitbash their YF-19 to a VF-19S/F.

So what I'm wondering is if you're already going to go to the extend of making the VF-19 Kai, why not make the extra stretch for the VF-19S/F since it'll be harder to obtain for normal non kitbashing modellers.

As far as the feasability of this project, I'm pretty sure HWR MKII was well aware what he was getting himself into when posting this.

Edit: That reminds me, so how is the Monster coming along Ken? Gonna have an update anytime soon? :huh:

Edited by AlphaHX

I looked into that myself and the only real difference between the blazer and fire versions would be the head lasers and wing shape

Gunpod is different as well between the Fire Valk and VF-19F/S.

Also, VF-19F/S have auxiliary air intakes on the LEX, the Fire Valk doesn't.

Just my two cents, but I'd be up for a VF-19F/S, but not so interested in a Fire Valk.

Graham

I am aware of the differences in the airframes i have done the research i just didnt want to waste alot of space listing every change id have to make. Considering the thickness in the wings of the kit i had just built it would not be difficult at all to make correct wings , the gunpod is a solid brick so it would be easy enough to hack and carve that thing until it has the correct details and the head i really wouldnt worry about sinc all you see in fighter mode will be tha back of it and the head lasers,so i will not be worying about carving the "face" on it you wont see it when complete anyway.

Dont worry about the work that is needed to make it correct it will be done. I can make the options there for the Kai or others in case you want to build a diamond force fighter instead.

Grahm

do you have pics or screen caps of those intakes that you mentioned ? i need to see if i will have to make an insert to go into them for those who want to make a fire valk.

Edited by HWR MKII

I have spoken with the caster and have been given an estimated price of 80 - 90 dollars per kit if 20 or more people are truely interested. To keep costs down it would have to be a standard Fire Valk for now with no landing gear . I would like to do further option kits at a later time but for now we just want to get this kit out in the open. I too would like to see more variations available and they can happen but lets take this one step at a time.

For those people that are actually interested in a kit PM me so i can keep count and get a more accurate estimate on kit cost.

Sean

You may have read about my interest in making aVF-19 fire valk in some other threads and after discussing it with an undisclosed party i want to see what the demand of this kit would be . Macross 7 haters please do not vote! i am willing to make the masters for the parts on this kit and would like your input. The kit would be non variable fighter mode only.

I don't hate M7 at all, but I still cannot get past a VF with a Power Ranger face. Ughh..

Again to all those who voted yes and are interested you must let me know. this poll was to make sure there was a positive demand for the kit. There is apparently a demand but if you would like the kit i need to know or else i wll not get the parts to convert. As stated before PM me please. i have edited the first post to show those interested parties.