Max Factory's Guyver I figure

mechaninac

Rumors have it that the Gigantic armor carries the potential to rightfully combat Zoalords.

Unlike the Guyver's original form, using the Gigantic armor turns the Guyver itself into a fully function weapon, just about every inch of that puppy can do SOMETHING.

According to what I read on neoguyver.com, Agito(Guyver 3) has left Sho's team and has made it apparent that after he destroys Chronos, he plans to rule the world in their place. Gigantic Dark is Guyver 3's upgrade, and Gigantic is Guyver 1's. Also, Agito can remove gigantic from Sho and use it for his own armor however Guyver 1 apparently showed that it could still do tremendous damage on its own and didn'tr really need the gigantic, even though agito apparently did. So Don't worry old schoolers, guyver 1 for the most part is in the same aesthetic it always was. Gigantic is only an upgrade used when the time is needed.

The toy is expensive as hell holy crap.

Nah, then they got the Remover which I guess will remove the guyver from its host and I think back into its stasis like appearance.

But I diffenetly remember Agito telling the group that he was gonna take over the world with his organization called the Zues Thunderbolts.

Hence why he calls himself Zues in parts of the series.

The Gigantic Armor is the product of Sho’s control medal interfacing with the last fully living Creator spaceship in what was called Relic’s Point where it was buried. It’s been theorized that the spaceships themselves (which are organic) are covered in a large bio-booster armor, hence their ability for flight etc. When it sensed it’s little “brother†(Guyver 1) getting the be-jeezus kicked out of him by Archanfel, it created the Gigantic armor for him.

Sho used the armour exclusively for a while, until Agito also attempted to use it (his attempt worked, hence the Dark Gigantic). They basically “shared†the one set of armour, until Agito, imposing his will, “commanded†the Gigantic armour to remove itself from Sho (who was fighting 3 Zoalords at that moment) and place itself on him. Since then, Agito’s been controlling the armour and wreaking havoc on Chronos. Meanwhile Sho has been reduced to his Guyver 1 abilities, which are NOT upgraded and are the same as the very first moment he bonded with the armour. Whether or not he reclaims the Gigantic from Agito is up in the air. This is according to the Manga.

I think I’m going to wait for the January Guyver Gigantic release, as I prefer it to the Dark.

Even if a bit pricey for an action figure I love the Guyver 1 I got. I hate those shoulders that pop off in a light breeze. Do all the guyver figs have the same problem?

Well, I don't have the others, except for Guyver III. Guyver I's shoulder pads pop off really easily compared to III's. III's shoulder pads seem to be somewhat larger (and rounder) so I guess it's able to hold better that way. Interestingly enough, the 2nd batch of Guyver III action figures don't have glow-in-the-dark blades. Hmm.

Hey guys can you post pics of your guyver figs? Man I do want these but the prices!!! some places got the gigantics for over 80$!!!

Gigantic is an aqquired taste, I'd have to see it in action in the manga to see if I like it. The gallery of the gigantic dark was cool though. How good is the quality on these? I hear its kinda what you pay for aside that it is a big price tag. I mean these things are 6" marvel legend scale right?

Sizes vary, I think Richard Gyuo is the largest figure so far.

http://unit-g.sakura.ne.jp/figures/gigadaku01.htm <-- scroll down for a comparison with all the other figures.

http://cms.or.tp/~gamu/gangubeya/gangubeyab.html <--- Some other pics near the bottom.

Guyver I's probably the shortest, measures about 15.5 cm. Guyver III's around 17 cm. Flexibility varies, too.

post-1199-1135141536_thumb.jpg

post-1199-1135143853_thumb.jpg

Looks flexible?

post-1199-1135143868_thumb.jpg

Comes with a price - the paint will strip if you bend the hip-armour thing too much. It's the rather flat paintjob on the Guyver I that has this problem though. Guyver III has no paint stripping problems so far (looks to be molded in the colour rather than painted on).

Edited by rikiryou

They're pricey as hell, but very high-quality figures. The sculpt and detail are superb, they have more articulation than most Marvel Legends figures, and the quality of plastic used is great - the Guyver 1 and 2 use a softer type of plastic on the armour that gives it a real organic feel. It's hard to describe. I don't regret buying all three, they're great.

The only quibbles I have with them are that on 1 and 2, the shoulder-armor pops off very easily, and that for all three of them the Mega-Smasher covers can also tend to pop off.