Color-coordinated Macross

shiyao

Looking at my collection today, it occurred to me that Macross/Mospeada toys by and large are divisible only into red, blue and others.

Roy has yellow, but nobody else has yellow.

Lancer has green, but nobody else has green.

And so on and so forth.

OK, I give you the VF-1D and Super Ostrich. They are -kinda of- alike in colour scheme. Orange/beige/brownish.

But what else is there?

Here's the red side:

post-4-1108111187_thumb.jpg

Don't forget destroids! They are mostly brown/beige.....Except for that green one.

Now that I think about it I think some company (idon't really care which one) needs to make some destroids and some Zentradi toys so that the we acan all balance out the color wheel on our Macross shelves.

I like all the Alphas except for the green one. I would love to get one because they all look sweet, but the workmanship is a real issue for me. There are only a small portio of alphas that are good. The rest are just complete and utter crap.

heh, I was thinking about getting that green alpha for just the reason of adding more color into my toy collection.

probably won't though.  ;)

Make it a Gakken. Unless you think it'll scare the VFs...

yeah... after buying one MPC alpha, I won't be making that mistake again.

But what else is there?

White, for starters. Red, Blue, Yellow, Orange, CF Brown (my favourite), Green...

Then there is the all dark blue version, which someone (I know who but can't remember the forum name offhand) made a 1/55 custom of. It is significantly different from the Max baby-blue version.

Then there is the low-vis colours, both enigma and the 1/48 schemes..

Then there's the Minmay guard (PINK! PURPLE!)...

Haven't seen an all black design, but I think there should be a VX-6 scheme (complete with bunny rabbit) floating somewhere around -- very distinctive.

Also, I haven't seen is a Valk in WWII woodland splinter camo, the type typically applied on Spitfires, or the definitive chrome 'Stang scheme.

Brr, scratch that chrome 'Stang idea. Unless skillfully done, it would suck on a Valk.

Hmm.. would be interesting to see a Valk in Meltran purple.