I want to become a bounty hunter...

kensei

:unsure: I am sorry for you.

well, it's the same thing everywhere. :( I thought there in Europe, we were more sillies with the human "burglar" rights ("please, can I arrest you !!!") But I am happy to not be the only one in the world with a F****** country and stupid laws <_<

Well, the law in Australia is made for crims JBO.

Sorry to hear about the robbery.

Yeah, the law in UK is pretty much the same, protects the criminal and if you even think about self defence, you're probably looking at a jail term. One of the many, many reason why I chose to no longer live in UK.

Graham

well, i see that everywhere the law protects the criminals. the case here at mexico is that either human rights will try to aid the criminals or will get me to jail if i beat someone senseless in my very own home. even worse it is known that in certain cases the cops make deals with the thieves. for example my house is less than two minutes from a police station, when my house got robbed one of the neighbors actually called the police, but it took a lot of time for them to arrive, giving the robbers enough time to steal mainly electronics.

perhaps the only way i can use force is in the case that my life or the life of my family was in danger, to be honest i'd rather allow them to take anything as long as they don't hurt anyone, besides i don't have any gun beacuse the use of one for self-defense makes you look like the agressor.

and if it was not enough the sentences they recive are enough to make you either laugh or cry.

Cross the border. Become a Texan. Feel the power.

Only half-joking here.

I have the best type of home security there is. My nextdoor neighbor is a cop who works the night shift. That means his crusier is parked in his driveway all day long while I am at work. Not to mention the fact that he is a good friend of mine. (He is single and often shows up before his shift to eat dinner with us.)

he is always full of advice about how to keep the house safe. The most important things that you can do are......

1. Glass stormdoors. ( No one is going to break a big sheet of in broad daylight.)

2. A big fence in arond the backyard that can be locked. (A privacy one not a chain link. The taller the better. If someone has to climb a seven foot fence they will think twice about it.

3. Deadbolts on all doors. (Yep even the ones inside the house.)

4. PVC pipe cut to wedge into the windows so that they can be opened.(Cheapest way to keep a window from opening, and remember breaking glass is loud and dangerous.)

5. Point plants under windows. (No one in their right mind is going to wade through cactus or holly to break a window.)

6. Motion sensor lights outside.

7. A nextdoor neighbor who is a cop....

Alarms are alright, but oftentimes more trouble than they are worth. Most criminals who break into houses know approximatly how long they have to get out. That means that if you ignore securing your home in other ways they will still try it.

Sorry to hear about your house being broken into. I hope that they didn't mess up stuff too badly.

4. PVC pipe cut to wedge into the windows so that they can be opened.(Cheapest way to keep a window from opening, and remember breaking glass is loud and dangerous.)

i wouldnt use pvp pipe. basicly thats like giving a weapon to the theif. usualy if you break pvp pipes it leaves a very sharp point that you can stab somebody with. We use metal bars thats been smoothed down and the edges rounded off with our metal lathe.

Would it be sweet if you could have your Valks or toys behaving like the toys in Small Soldiers? When someone breaks in

Valks and MISC toys:"This is the Valkryie Elite! Put your hands behind your head"

Burglar: Huh? Yeah right..

Valks and Misc Toys:" You have been warned!"

*lauches missles and stuff*

And you come back to find a small pile of ashes on your carpet.

Back home in Malaysia you can do anything you want to the burglar as long you don't kill them.

One time when someone robbed my fathers workplace by taking one of the employees hostage, the father of the employee found out and when the crook was arrested went to the police station and punched the crook in the face IN FRONT of the police.

And the cops pretended not to see anything. Now that's what should be done.

Within reason of course.

Would it be sweet if you could have your Valks or toys behaving like the toys in Small Soldiers? When someone breaks in

Valks and MISC toys:"This is the Valkryie Elite! Put your hands behind your head"

Burglar: Huh? Yeah right..

Valks and Misc Toys:" You have been warned!"

*lauches missles and stuff*

And you come back to find a small pile of ashes on your carpet.

Back home in Malaysia you can do anything you want to the burglar as long you don't kill them.

One time when someone robbed my fathers workplace by taking one of the employees hostage, the father of the employee found out and when the crook was arrested went to the police station and punched the crook in the face IN FRONT of the police.

And the cops pretended not to see anything. Now that's what should be done.

Within reason of course.

that part about beating them reminds me when homer got robbed and chieff wigum told him that anything he did was fair and square as long as he doesn't invite them in as he pretended to do with flanders. :lol: