Fast Pack yf-19

e_jacob77

i agree that the SHE is the best looking model, but it seems way to expensive and difficult to find. i say we should do one for member of macross world as long as they can get their hasegawas model, the `phase of cutting the pieces is not so hard. next collect funds so someone can plan a variable sequence and cast the required pieces to build a variable 19 and sell them.

by the way i never had any troubles with my banpresto so why not a banpresto variable one, the way they could pull it out is by simplifying the variable mechanics of the 19. maybe using flexible yet sturdy materials for wires that could be used to give pasability to certain parts like the arms and legs, since i think a guy at japan used a similar wire system for his variable 1/144 VF-1's.

so what do you think?

The SHE model is expensive but its actually surprisingly not that hard to find. I've been here a bit over a half a year and I found two during the first several months.

There are so many problems to casting a variable YF-19. To put aside the fact that non-model people will want a durable-sturdy-already-built variable YF-19, theres plenty of other problems besides that...

First, we need to find someone willing to find a transformation sequence that will work with a kit bashed Hasegawa. Even after all is done with the transformation, we need someone skilled that is willing to make the parts that is needed to make it variable/posable... which will be quite a lot. The entire back, rest of the arm, hands, rest of the head, rest of the shoulder, different feet, the crouch peice, and whatever else im forgetting. This is not even including the modifications needed to add joints to where its needed. So lets say we even get passed this part. We need to find someone to recast it for the rest of MW which will in turn be quite costly since there will be a lot of complex and small pieces. Even the cheapest recasts of a variable kit will in the ballpark of a hundred dollars... and thats dirt cheap. Look at the variable IHP VF-4 in the sale forum for example.

So basically in the end of it all... we're going to have people spending tons of hours and effort just to save a bit of money and enlarge the scale to 1/72. Sure, to people like me whos not expecting to do any of the work and plan to sit around until others are done with it, it totally seems worth it but to those working on it, I'm not too sure. Thats up to them to decide.

I'm a model person too and would LOVE to see this happen but unfortunately, after taking a good look at it, I doubt theres anyone willing to take on this job and wont mind not being able to profit a good amount for their work.

My take on this would be to take Pat S's custom YF-19 and have someone like Rohby recast the parts needed for the modication and for those who's willing to take apart their Yamato, have a slightly better and more posable YF-19. Problem with that is that might end up being a pretty penny as well. :(

Every YF-19 thread should include this gorgeous picture. Take a look at THAT Yamato.  :angry:

I'm actually not that big of a fan of that design. The nose sticks out too much for me in battroid mode and the crouch piece just looks... weird. :huh:

If anything, I'm all for this... well... except for the crouch piece...

Edited by AlphaHX

that last picture is very nice, is that a custom? if so from what? S.h.e. kit?

it's a kitbash or a hasegawa yf-19 kit...i think some company made a special upgrade it so you could make it transformable...not totally sure though

Is it possible that Yamato no longer has the toy license for M+. Don't these licenses usually only last for a few years? Maybe we'll see a VF-19A FP instead of a YF-19.

If they do it right I would buy it.

I think that the toy and model licenses from BW usually last 2 years.

So it's entirely possible that Yamato's M+ licence (perhaps M0 license also) have already expired and Yamato has chosen not to pay to renew them.

Graham

Let's hope not but then again... That would suck if they didnt renew. If that is the case, Macross is not far behind and that means no 1/48 2 seater VF-1 series. :(

that last picture is very nice, is that a custom? if so from what? S.h.e. kit?

it's a kitbash or a hasegawa yf-19 kit...i think some company made a special upgrade it so you could make it transformable...not totally sure though

Its just a kitbashed hasegawa that was made to be variable. I'm not positive but I think it was the IHP guy who did it.

All the pictures is of the same kit. Heres a transformation picture.

Its made by the guy who is now supposedly working for Yamato on the YF-19 resculpt.

Besides, that kit bash will need a LOT of reworking to be made into a toy. The tooling is different, the joints are flimsy (by toy production standards) and a lot of reworking is required before a mass production unit becomes viable.

I have a few days off here since I can't fly home to the states so I'll see what can be done to a Hasegawa kit. I had intended to look at it anyways as a personal project.

Its made by the guy who is now supposedly working for Yamato on the YF-19 resculpt.

Besides, that kit bash will need a LOT of reworking to be made into a toy. The tooling is different, the joints are flimsy (by toy production standards) and a lot of reworking is required before a mass production unit becomes viable.

I have a few days off here since I can't fly home to the states so I'll see what can be done to a Hasegawa kit. I had intended to look at it anyways as a personal project.

I thought that was the IHP guy...

Hmm... maybe I was misinformed. :huh:

I thought that was the IHP guy...

Hmm... maybe I was misinformed. :huh:

Yeah, wasnt it put out in one of the older threads that the YF-19FP resculpt was completed long ago by IHP/LS, but was rejected by Kawamori?