Silent Hill goes to the silver screen

Jolly Rogers

I recently saw Brotherhood of the Wolf. I have to say it was the biggest diappointment of a film I've seen in a long time. Stupid matrix kung fu conspiracy movie trash! <_

Is that really a bad thing? Some of us actually liked Resident Evil (I'm one of them), let's hope RE2 is better than the first. Did they find a director for RE2 already?!?!?

Based on the footage I've seen from that other video game turned movie (it's a SEGA light gun shooter). I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed about Silent Hill. :lol:

I watched the RE movie. I though it was overall a bad film. Yeah, I can see why guys would like it. Hot chicks kicking the crap out of zombie dogs, zombies, and evil monsters. However, it did not embody the essence of the video game at all. The video game was creepy and had this isolationist feel about it. A lone man or woman trapped in a spooky mansion trying to figure out what happened. The movie made it more into a cartoony, kung-fu, gun fighting flick. The director or cinematographer sucked all the atmosphere out of it which made the original game so fun. (BTW, dipping actors in flour does not constitute good zombie make up. What the hell was that!)

Here's the problem with having the same people do Silent Hill. I really liked the story to Silent Hill. It also did a great job at setting mood and creating an extreme isolationist feel. In fact, I didn't like the game all that much in terms of playing it. The controls were very clumsy, the monsters were not very interesting, and there was not enough of them. However, for some reason, I still like the game as a whole. This goes back to the mood and atmosphere of the game. So, if the people turn Silent Hill into a cartoony, kung-fu, gun fighting flick... throw everything that was good about the game out the window. It will suck period. I wish a guy like David Fincher would take on the project. The story is actually better than most Hollywood movies out there right now, and imagine a silent Hill film that looked like Seven. That I would pay to see.

The movie is gonna' be a hit no matter what too many people play the games. Final Fantasy sucked ass but it was popular.(Loved the effects though)!

It is going to be different though because I sense that they will base it off the game. Foggy and crap. With funky rader in the bottom of the screen.

They should call the movie PG-13 and make it all bloddy and gorey so little kids can watch it. :lol: Just kidding

<_< , this movie will suck .... i feel sorry for Team Silent .... they themselves should do the script instead of some hollywood bum. Videogame - movies suck.

//Dan..

They are doing the script! Konami is working as closely as any other company has ever worked as far as making movies based on their franchise.

Final Fantasy sucked ass but it was popular

You sure about that? Square almost went bankrupt due to FF: The Spirits Within complete lack of popularity.

Did anyone see that Rob Zombie movie House of 1000 Corpses? If so, how was it?

I have to say I liked Resident Evil, though it was not as good as I hoped. Dawn of The Dead still ranks as my #1 fave. So what other Zombie video games are left after RE, House of the Dead, and Silent Hill that can be made into features?

Did anyone see that Rob Zombie movie House of 1000 Corpses? If so, how was it?

I have to say I liked Resident Evil, though it was not as good as I hoped. Dawn of The Dead still ranks as my #1 fave. So what other Zombie video games are left after RE, House of the Dead, and Silent Hill that can be made into features?

zombies ate my neighbors. :p

Man, I never understood the story line of the first and second silent hills. I still haven't played the third one yet and I have a feeling I'm not going to understand it at all either! :p All I know is I have a great time playing these games. They are fun as hell. I hope the movie will be like the games. Well actually I hope it is explained better. :p:D:lol:

I'm not keeping my hopes up. RE was ruined and I am sure this Silent Hill will be too. I dont think I have seen one good mavie that is based from a video game.

Well... thats because Capcom could care less about the RE movie. Heck.... even Shinji Mikami hasn't seen it. Silent Hill is supposed to be "overseen" by Konami and the team who created Silent Hill.

Man, I never understood the story line of the first and second silent hills. I still haven't played the third one yet and I have a feeling I'm not going to understand it at all either! :p All I know is I have a great time playing these games. They are fun as hell. I hope the movie will be like the games. Well actually I hope it is explained better. :p:D:lol:

Go to GameFAQs.com, you can find plenty of plot guides posted there that explain things well.

I recently saw Brotherhood of the Wolf. I have to say it was the biggest diappointment of a film I've seen in a long time. Stupid matrix kung fu conspiracy movie trash!  <_<

Yep every martial arts movie with any kind of slo-mo effects made before or after the Matrix is a Matrix rip-off. :rolleyes:

Specially considering The 6 million (or was it billion?) dolar man was the first one to feature slo-mo. :lol:

Was your friend's script based on the second game, the first and/or third game, or an original story?

Based on the original.

You might want to tell your friend to check out Silent Hill 3 and revise his script. 3 directly ties to the first game and basically wraps all unfinished business up, explaining all that were left unexplained.

I'll only watch it if George Romero, Stephen King or Stanley Kubrick directs.

Kubrick's dead. Stephen King doesn't direct. i just hope whoever they do get to do this will not screw up the creepy feeling and atmosphere of the games.

More likely than not, they'll turn this into another one of those mindless action flicks with laughable gore/makeup and weak attempts at jokes.

Did I just summarize the RE movie? B)

Silent Hill works well in an interactive medium, I am not so sure they can sustain the creepiness and tension for 90 minutes or longer as a film.

zombies ate my neighbors.  :p

I thought that was great game. It had a very 1950's sci-fi horror plot and that's perfect for a little campy film. It was a LucasArts game I recall maybe his group can head the production, you kidding? Their concentrating on a little series of films set long ago in a Galaxy far far away :lol: . I believe there are 5 so far? :D

~G25

Edited by gerwalk25