The MW Automotive Thread

areaseven

What. The. F--k?! :blink: I don't know if the design is just that hard to translate into reality, or if the execution by this builder is just that shi--y; but this is one automotive legend that I'd rather just stayed in the recesses of my fond memories on screen. I've always wondered what this car would look like in real life and now I know.

No sir, I don't like it.

It looks like what it is--a kit bashed Corvette, made up to look like the Mach 5. Oh yeah, the asking prices are utterly laughable...

post-26-1115518914.jpg

Edited by reddsun1

Well, I think I've found my new car. Test drove one today, and fell in love with the Honda Civic Si. The thing that really impresses me is how well designed the interior is, from the shifter position to the seats. I've never found a car where I could have a perfect pedal position and still be perfect on the steering wheel and shifter, until now. And the seats are almost identical to Recaro SRDs. Handling is great as well, and power is decent, although I didn't really get to take it into VTEC range. It did go from 50-80 quite fast, though. An '03 or '04 with low miles is sub-15k, which makes it viable for me.

Well, I think I've found my new car. Test drove one today, and fell in love with the Honda Civic Si. The thing that really impresses me is how well designed the interior is, from the shifter position to the seats. I've never found a car where I could have a perfect pedal position and still be perfect on the steering wheel and shifter, until now. And the seats are almost identical to Recaro SRDs. Handling is great as well, and power is decent, although I didn't really get to take it into VTEC range. It did go from 50-80 quite fast, though. An '03 or '04 with low miles is sub-15k, which makes it viable for me.

I thought you were a hard-core drifter......

I thought you were a hard-core drifter......

Dude, there's an e-brake in the car for a reason!

The Civic SI is a big switch from your 240sx. Personally, I can't stand the things... they look like 2-door Honda Odyssey's.

a friend of mine kinda got me interested in dubs.i always liked them,but i've seriously considered getting a mkII gti. i like the mk4 jetta too.i'm highly impressed w/ the 1.8T motor taken from the audi for the gti & jetta.but,if i get a mkII gti,that baby will be a G60.my friend had 1 before he converted it to a 1.8T & that thing was a screamer B))

post-26-1115611368.jpg

Changed my mind, actually. I really liked the Civic, and it was the best set up interior I've ever been in, but I test drove a Sentra SE-R Spec V today, and it really drives better than the Si. Much faster, too. Pretty much fully loaded (only option I'm not getting is the Brembo Brake Package, as you can get a StopTech or similar setup for the same money), I'll be paying 15,885, which is a very good deal, and well within the recommendations made by KBB.

Anyone have any info about Gateway International Raceway in St. Louis? Just wondering how the drag strip hooks, and how the facilities are. Any info. woud be appreciated since we are attending the World Ford Challenge there this weekend. :)

Also would like info on any neat shops in the area. (comics, anime & manga, or any hobby shops)

Thanks,

Melissa

That Mach 5 from Speed Racer rules!!!

only one problem with it: it's waaaaaay too overpriced.

Dude, its one of a kind... Kinda like me! :lol:

I just ordered the 2007 M3... Silver with red leather interior.

It will look something like this. (official pics aren't out yet)

post-26-1115744084_thumb.jpg

A question for Camaro owners here (late 2nd gen preferrably). I have had the fenders off my car before the question is how difficult is the plastic A/C housing to take apart to replace a blown heter core? Mine went out so im asking to see if its a weeknder or if i will need to take a week of leave to do it. Im in the uk but have access to classic industries.com for any parts i need. Just ordered a polyuretane bushing set from them. Should keep the rubber on my 275/60/R15s a little better.

Agent ONE:

I didn't know you could even order the E90 M3. Rumoured to be a ~400 HP V8. Do you have any more specs/information about the car from your dealer?

How much more expensive than the current E46 M3? You getting a manual transmission or SMG? (is it SMG II or III?)

I was shopping around in the spring and test-drove the current M3, C55 AMG, and S4. Decided to get the Benz, and now I'm waiting anxiously for delivery later this month or early June.

Agent ONE:

I didn't know you could even order the E90 M3. Rumoured to be a ~400 HP V8. Do you have any more specs/information about the car from your dealer?

How much more expensive than the current E46 M3? You getting a manual transmission or SMG? (is it SMG II or III?)

I was shopping around in the spring and test-drove the current M3, C55 AMG, and S4. Decided to get the Benz, and now I'm waiting anxiously for delivery later this month or early June.

This is all I know:

The M3 coupe will feature a 6 Series like glasshouse with the possibility of a new distinct interior. The front will sport a new aggressive yet subtle bumper while the rear will display quad exhausts like the new M5. Power will come from a new lightweight V8 producing around 400hp and uses the latest dual-VANOS variable valve timing system. New engine building technology and lightweight materials mean the engine should amazingly weigh the same as the outgoing 3.2 liter in-line 6 cylinder from the current E46 M3 but with considerably more power.

The new M3 is slated to arrive in early 2006 with a 2005 Frankfurt debut and the cabriolet will have a Geneva 2006 debut with sales beginning in summer 2006. The SMG transmission will come standard and a CSL version of the coupe with excess of 420hp is being planned as well.

The way I see it, other than exotics (I feel) the M3 is the best car on the road, which is why in 99 I bought the 99... The newest one will just be better.

I should also note that one of the largest reasons I love my M3 so much is it doesn't attract much attention from a-holes. I mean you drive a 911 and every dildo in the world wants to key it, but the M3 is "sleeper" enough it doesn't pick up any negitive attention.

This is all I know:

The M3 coupe will feature a 6 Series like glasshouse with the possibility of a new distinct interior. The front will sport a new aggressive yet subtle bumper while the rear will display quad exhausts like the new M5. Power will come from a new lightweight V8 producing around 400hp and uses the latest dual-VANOS variable valve timing system. New engine building technology and lightweight materials mean the engine should amazingly weigh the same as the outgoing 3.2 liter in-line 6 cylinder from the current E46 M3 but with considerably more power.

The new M3 is slated to arrive in early 2006 with a 2005 Frankfurt debut and the cabriolet will have a Geneva 2006 debut with sales beginning in summer 2006. The SMG transmission will come standard and a CSL version of the coupe with excess of 420hp is being planned as well.

The way I see it, other than exotics (I feel) the M3 is the best car on the road, which is why in 99 I bought the 99... The newest one will just be better.

I should also note that one of the largest reasons I love my M3 so much is it doesn't attract much attention from a-holes. I mean you drive a 911 and every dildo in the world wants to key it, but the M3 is "sleeper" enough it doesn't pick up any negitive attention.

zis is true!

that's why I'm modding my car instead of buying a true musclecar (for the moment) The sleeper-ness is what truly makes a car, and if you can have 600hp without it sounding like it does, so much the better!