Is there a conspiracy of Konig proportions

MGREXX

In a post a few weeks ago, I asked what happened to the 1/60 scale Mk2 monster (from the Macross TV series) that Yamato was going to release last year. The general concensus was that Yamato scrapped the idea.

Now I ask this........is there a conspiracy?

Was the 1/60 MK2 monster scrapped in favor of the 1/100 scale VB-6 Konig?

Did Yamato realize that the 1/60 scale Mk2 monster was just to big and too expensive of a toy to manufacture and did not relese it. I know a prototype existed because I saw pics here on MW.......and it was SWEEEEEEEEET!!!!!

Anyhow, back to the conspiracy. :D

Did Yamato kill the bulkier, bigger, non-transformable and more expensive (estimated +- $300.00) 1/60 scale Mk2 monster for the sleeker, smaller, transformable and less expensive ($150.00) 1/100 scale VB-6 Konig Monster?

I lieu of the sudden dissapearance of the former, I believe that a conspiracy :ph34r: of Monstrous scale has transpired.

I sure would have loved to have bought that big bad Mk2 monster. :(:angry:

thoughts?

.......hey, maybe Graham can give us some details since he is on a Yamato vengance crusade. B))

Edited by MGREXX

Actually, IIRC, Graham mentioned that the 1/60 Monster is still on.

My guess for the 1/60th is that it will either never happen, or IF it does, I bet it will be a Dengeki Mail in Special like the Helmets and Shoulder Pads etc.

It's already agreed upon that the thing is going to be spendy, I would say $300.00 is a very conservative estimate. So, I bet it turns out to be a Japan only exclusive if anything at all.

Yamato has officially announced that the 1/60 Monster is indeed in the works, along with the 1/48 GBP Armour during Toyfest sometime last year. That's saying alot...compared to the elusive.... YF-19FP!!!! :(

Intresting.

Since all of the sites I went to erased it from their pre-order or coming soon list, I thought it had been Axed, since the Konig came out of no whre soon after.

Let's hope it still comes out. I want my Mac 2 monster (oops!!!! :lol:)

Edited by MGREXX

Intresting.

Since all of the sites I went to erased it from their pre-order or coming soon list, I thought it had been Axed, since the Konig came out of no whre soon after.

Let's hope it still comes out. I want my Mac 2 monster (oops!!!! :lol:)

Welll we will have to see. Wonder if it is elusive as the YF-19FP :rolleyes: It's all vaporware.