UC Gundam Question

Kamui 777

So in order for me to appreciate Char's Counterattack, I just have to watch Zeta and the original series?

Not necessarily, I watched CCA for the first time before I saw Zeta and I understood it fine. I'd recommend pciking up the original movie trilogy and CCA.

Why bother skipping the best, though? CCA wasn't even that exciting. I reccomend the original TV MS Gundam and Z Gundam.

So in order for me to appreciate Char's Counterattack, I just have to watch Zeta and the original series?

Not necessarily, I watched CCA for the first time before I saw Zeta and I understood it fine. I'd recommend pciking up the original movie trilogy and CCA.

Why bother skipping the best, though? CCA wasn't even that exciting. I reccomend the original TV MS Gundam and Z Gundam.

Z Gundam rocks, but with ti currently only being available via an expensive boxed set.. for a Gundam newcomer, it might not be the best purchase.

There's a small mention of Amuro but no cameo in Gundam 0080. Someone mentions in passing that the Gundam NT1 was made specifically for the famous Newtype pilot of the White Base. We all know that it never makes it to him before the end of the One Year War. I think I recall an episode of ZZ Gundam where someone asks where Amuro is and Bright mentions that he returned to Earth or something.

Z Gundam rocks, but with ti currently only being available via an expensive boxed set.. for a Gundam newcomer, it might not be the best purchase.

Try fourteen years ago, when Gundam and anime weren't nowhere to being close to mainstream, and when fansubbed video tapes were the only medium and the internet was in its infancy. Now THAT was a daunting task for a newcomer to Zeta, and I still managed to get into it. Whatever way you can get into it, it's a classic.

Actually, I already have the original MSG movies, the Zeta set, and Char's CA.

I like CCA a lot so I was just curious what other series I needed to like it more. :p

I think the only thing that could have made CCA better IMO is if they brought a recovered Camille in to take over the reigns of the Re-GZ. Anyone would have been better than the walking target that Kayra Su was.

They're saving Camille for a post-ZZ pre-F91 OVA that they're planning after the Zeta movies hit it bigĀ  :D

I would soil my underwear if that were true. :)

Hmm, Kamille in a Nu Gundam.....how would that be fair to anyone? :)