C&C Generals Macross & Gundam Mod

dangman4ever

For those of you who play C&C Generals mod and a Macross or Gundam Fan, check this out:

http://bbs.souyo.com/souyo.bbs?g=BA&c=CA&b=BAABAGB&t=CJHFCI

Nice isn't it? May take awhile for dial-up people

here's the download page:

http://pestilence64.net/modules.php?name=D...nload&cid=7#cat

You may need to register for the site in order to download it. :D

In a word...overkill lol...

Played as a Macross General against 3 hard AI's...couple of missile barrages and skull strikes with a macross cannon sprinkled on top and I was victorious.

I'd have to agree with Opus...the units look sweet but are uber hard to take out.

Agreed on it being too powerful.

Things I disliked most were:

- Too many Promotion Points: I don't need ever friggin upgrade.

- The Gundam Planet Fall attack is stupid. It destroys EVERTHING on the map (your units included)

- The silly mods made to the regular armies: China planes reloading missiles and having machine guns was a litte overboard. Nuke cannons having a double fire rate, the strange mods to just about every china unit and numerous mods to USA and GLA just make it unfun unless using the Macross or Gundam generals they all are but impossible to defeat.

- The constant money mod: Don't need it.

- Constant map view after revealing it: Negatory. Makes the element of surprise just disappear.

Since this is only a beta I hope they can change things around a bit to make it more fun, but until then I'd rate it a 4 out of 10.

- Chewster

How do I use this mod?

This mod is kinda half-assed. The site says it works with Generals or Zero Hour but I could only get it to work with the latter.

There might be a better way to do it but I'll tell you how I did it.

first I went to the Zero Hour folder. The default location is "C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command and Conquer Generals"

I changed the name of the "data" folder to "data1" (this is important so you can easily get rid of the mod and because the mods data folder is incomplete)

next I extracted the mod into the Zero hour folder using WinRAR.

I copied the "cursors", "movies", "scripts" and "water planes" folders from the "data1" to "data" folders.

You should be good to go after that. ;)

How do I use this mod?

This mod is kinda half-assed. The site says it works with Generals or Zero Hour but I could only get it to work with the latter.

There might be a better way to do it but I'll tell you how I did it.

first I went to the Zero Hour folder. The default location is "C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command and Conquer Generals"

I changed the name of the "data" folder to "data1" (this is important so you can easily get rid of the mod and because the mods data folder is incomplete)

next I extracted the mod into the Zero hour folder using WinRAR.

I copied the "cursors", "movies", "scripts" and "water planes" folders from the "data1" to "data" folders.

You should be good to go after that. ;)

Worked great thank you