Macross Mecha Depicted in non-Macross Series

wolframbane

Actually, IIRC, there's a variant for both. The Longbow only appeared in some of the earlier editions of the 3025 Tech Readout and the predecessor to the game (Battledroids), where as later tech readouts made mention of the Longbow being phased out in favor of the Crossbow. However, the art for the Longbow was exact, the Crossbow was modified somewhat.

• 3 weeks later...

The Longbow and the XBW-9J Crossbow are different mecha. both in Battletech and in Battledroids. And the Crossbow is not the Phalanx. It is the LGB-OW Longbow that is the Phalanx. The Longbow did go on to be in Battletech but the Crossbow did not however its name like several other battledroid names did live on in other battletech designs.

Go here for some pics and alittle info.

http://www.heavygauss.com/Droidsmain.html

Also in Battletech are the Inner Sphere LGB-7Q Longbow (3058) and the LGB-12C Longbow (Phoenix Project) and the Clan Crossbow (3058). The two Longbow varients are different enough that they're recognized as Longbows but they wouldn't be mistaken for the original. Like the Macross and Macross II PHalanxes.

The Battletech Crossbow is said to resemble the old Star League Longbow (Phalanx) but is more rounder. It is a new design however but if it was "desended" from anything it would be the Battldroids Crossbow. Also nothing I have says the Phalanx was phased out in favor of the Crossbow. And as the LGB-OW Longbow/Phalanx was still in production as of 3058 coupled with the fact that the Crossbow is a Clan design that would be a very hard thing to do.

(I have the 3rd edition of the 3025 Tech Readout and the Longbow isn't in there. It might be in an earlier edition though. If someone has it and can put up a scan that would be very cool. The only game info I have is from Sorenson's Sabers and those are modified. Game stats for the battledroid mecha would also be cool I havent had any luck finding them.)

Edited by nathan

• 3 weeks later...
The Longbow and the XBW-9J Crossbow are different mecha. both in Battletech and in Battledroids. And the Crossbow is not the Phalanx. It is the LGB-OW Longbow that is the Phalanx. The Longbow did go on to be in Battletech but the Crossbow did not however its name like several other battledroid names did live on in other battletech designs.

Go here for some pics and alittle info.

http://www.heavygauss.com/Droidsmain.html

Also in Battletech are the Inner Sphere LGB-7Q Longbow (3058) and the LGB-12C Longbow (Phoenix Project) and the Clan Crossbow (3058). The two Longbow varients are different enough that they're recognized as Longbows but they wouldn't be mistaken for the original. Like the Macross and Macross II PHalanxes.

The Battletech Crossbow is said to resemble the old Star League Longbow (Phalanx) but is more rounder. It is a new design however but if it was "desended" from anything it would be the Battldroids Crossbow. Also nothing I have says the Phalanx was phased out in favor of the Crossbow. And as the LGB-OW Longbow/Phalanx was still in production as of 3058 coupled with the fact that the Crossbow is a Clan design that would be a very hard thing to do.

(I have the 3rd edition of the 3025 Tech Readout and the Longbow isn't in there. It might be in an earlier edition though. If someone has it and can put up a scan that would be very cool. The only game info I have is from Sorenson's Sabers and those are modified. Game stats for the battledroid mecha would also be cool I havent had any luck finding them.)

You can pilot the Longbow in the Mechwarrior 3: Mercenaries game, It kicks ass if used right.