TOYS FOR TOTS

my sister is grathering up money from the family (and yes, we're one big ass family :p) and we're gonna donate money to Toys for Tots in my grandmother's name....she thought of it a couple years ago and we've been doing it ever year since....so yeah, i'm already donating to them in that respect :lol::lol::D

Oooh!!! TOTS!  Misread the second letter in the last word...

*decides to keep toys... <_<

ROFLMAO!

:lol:

If only it was the vowel before eh? A penny for your "tots", but how many valks you'd give away?

Edited by wolfx

I've been donating toys and money to this organization ever since I first joined the Corps back in '83. I'm glad someone here brought it up. Everyone I work with dreads when I bring in the old steel pot to collect for the children every year, but they know it's for a good cause.

Semper Fi to all my Marine Brothers out there who have kept this program alive for so long, and thanks to those civies and other military folk who care also.

Oooh!!! TOTS!  Misread the second letter in the last word...

*decides to keep toys... <_<

ROFLMAO!

:lol:

If only it was the vowel before eh? A penny for your "tots", but how many valks you'd give away?

Hells no...

but I have a few MPCs I'm willing to let go... :p

You know....all this talk of potentially subverting kids to Macross with some kind of Valkyrie gift got me thinking.

At work we have a 'giving tree' (gotta avoid any religion-specific descriptions) where some local Twin Cities poor children were wish for something and place it on a card and we can take cards off the tree and try to best match their wish within about a $20 price range (pretty sad when you think about it if a kid was creative with their wish). I'm going to go look tomorrow and cheat a bit and read as many as I can without getting caught. If one of them asks for a plane, a robot, or a Transformer, I think I'll grab that card and then dig out one of my old spare boxed Yamato 1/60s to donate. Hopefully the kid won't be too young and break it immediately. I won't even feel bad about breaking the cost ceiling because I would've paid nothing (this year) to buy it. Best to share the love. Too bad I was never interested in getting any of the chunky monkey re-releases as they would make better gifts for a kid of undetermined age.

I do have an extra MPC or two, but I wouldn't give that to the most hated person on the planet. :D