VF-0B 1/72 finished.

Grayson72

I keep wondering if the VF-0B was designed to be the VF-series lead-in trainer, before the VF-1D and VT-1 rolled off the lines--the 0B would have been closer in spec to a 'standard' fighter for most pilots, and thus would provide a good transitional traning a/c before moving into flying the VF-1.

Its kind of pointless to try and figure out why things are the way they are in Macross lol I used to think about this kind of stuff all the time, and eventually I got to the point where it didn't matter any more. I don't think the VF-0A two seater was meant for training, if that was the case the 0D, even though its a supposed electronic warefare aircraft, would also be a training aircraft mainly because we've seen Shin training in it. I honestly think the 0A two seater was meant for jobs that most two seater fighters were meant for, aside from electronic warfare stuff the 0D does. Make sense?

Fantastic work Grayson!!

Wow, nice photos too... I'm envious you're starting to work through your collection. Man! what are you doing, you were my excuse to my wife; "see, he just collects also - we don't have time to actually build!?"

Keep up the great work - and keep posting.

Thanks.

Great job!!!! I am envious of your building talent. I think with the talent you and Wm Cheng one of you should write a how to book on the techniques you use to get such great results. I am bummed that Wm Cheng's build-ups from the old board are unaccessable, alot of good info gone :( Keep up the good work, it gives me something to shoot for.......

I keep wondering if the VF-0B was designed to be the VF-series lead-in trainer, before the VF-1D and VT-1 rolled off the lines--the 0B would have been closer in spec to a 'standard' fighter for most pilots, and thus would provide a good transitional traning a/c before moving into flying the VF-1.

*cries out in agony* GAHHH! The VF-1D is *NOT* a dedicated trainer! We've been over this a million and one times! We've had multiple threads (see THIS thread, we went on forever about it) before and I thought we had come to the conclusion that the VF-1D is NOT just a trainer! The VF-1D is no more a trainer for pilots than any other 2 seater aircraft is. It is capable of being fully armed (unlike the VT-1, which WAS a trainer), and CF VF-1Ds were seen in the series (more specifically, during Max and Milia's wedding.. when they themselves flew in a VF-1D painted in Max colors.. and later fought in it), sure.. some may have been assigned to training wings and RAGs, but that doesn't mean it's a "trainer".

Edited by Skull Leader

*cries out in agony* GAHHH! The VF-1D is *NOT* a dedicated trainer! We've been over this a million and one times! We've had multiple threads (see THIS thread, we went on forever about it) before and I thought we had come to the conclusion that the VF-1D is NOT just a trainer! The VF-1D is no more a trainer for pilots than any other 2 seater aircraft is. It is capable of being fully armed (unlike the VT-1, which WAS a trainer), and CF VF-1Ds were seen in the series (more specifically, during Max and Milia's wedding.. when they themselves flew in a VF-1D painted in Max colors.. and later fought in it), sure.. some may have been assigned to training wings and RAGs, but that doesn't mean it's a "trainer".

Sorry, that thread was a bit before my time and thus I ended up missing out on all the dead-horse-beating fun :D

Didn't mean to re-open old wounds. In the end, all I was asking was, with all the advanced OT instrumentality that could be put into the valks, is there really a reason for a two-seater for purposes other than training?

Guess, i got my answer :)

Geez, it's gonna take a generation or 2 to remove that "VF-1D == trainer" crap.

Oh, the VF-0B is official.

http://www.anime.net/macross/mecha/united_.../vf0/index.html

However, since the VF-0B is nothing more than a VF-0A with a second seat.... Also the VF-0D is not just for electronic warfare, it is also designed with enhanced combat in mind.

VF-0D: UN Spacy two-seater version designed and manufactured by Northrop Grumman/Stonewell/Bellcom for enhanced attack and electronic warfare capabilities. Increased air combat maneuverability and 20% greater payload as well as improved electronic warfare capabilities. Shares largely the same nose block, dorsal block, and Battroid-mode leg section/enginge block. High-maneuverability canard and clipped delta wing with dogtooth edge and large wing area.

Also, did it ever spark something up there that Shin was flying a VF-0D, not because he was training in it, but because that was his permanent assignment? <_<

the F15E is a dedicated 2 seater and in no way a trainer. so i guess that the VF-0B and VF-1D should be considered the macross version of that acft.

excellent model by the way. the color scheme is striking and vivid. i know its difficult to pull off a good white paint job and keep it clean like you did.lets see some more, maybe a build off between you and WM kind of like the great biker build off just macross.

Edited by HWR MKII