Wanda and the Colossus

KingNor

Is anyone else just.. totally excited by this game? ICO is one of my all time favorite games ever made, I'm glad to see the guys who made it still alive in the industry.

Looks like the story is about a young boy who finds a dead girl who he's trying to bring back to life by slaying these huge giants! sweet!

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/546/546753p1.html?fromint=1

:wub:

post-26-1100644274_thumb.jpg

Pardon my ignorence, but what is ICO? I did a google search and came up with lots of stuff, but none game related.

And nah, not interested. The only games that interest me are Macross games (of course), some Star Wars games, the Ace Combat series and when I'm in the mood, the Armored Core games.

I'm only a casual gamer and never bother with other genres of games outside of my own limited sphere of interest :p .

Graham

When I 1st saw ICO, it reminded me of the Uber-depressing anime, Now & Then, Here & THere. You basically play a boy armed only with a stick, and you must guide this girl through threacherous maze of an ancient temple/ruin thing. THere is no health bar. Its essentially a puzzle game. The girl can be pulled by the hand, called to with some kinda gibberish language, pulled up to higher ground etc. Your job is basically protect her from shadow creatures that will catch her and drag her into a portal. That's when the game is over.

So there's alot of block pushing/pulling, platform jumping, wall hugging puzzles to satisfy your bored minds. It was a cool game but i got bored of it after awhile.

For those of you who aren't in the know, ICO was a game that was released rather early on in the PS2's american life. It is quite possibly one of the best games ever made... Yep I said it...

You owe it to yourself to track down a copy, although the last time I looked it seemed rather scarce...

ICO for sale 14.99 at a FRYS near you, best 15 bucks you can spend for ps2 in my opinion.

I'm extremely excited about these guys' new game. EGM has an image of the kid riding his horse while some big critter flys in the sky overhead, its' amazing.

Pardon my ignorence, but what is ICO? I did a google search and came up with lots of stuff, but none game related.

And nah, not interested. The only games that interest me are Macross games (of course), some Star Wars games, the Ace Combat series and when I'm in the mood, the Armored Core games.

I'm only a casual gamer and never bother with other genres of games outside of my own limited sphere of interest  :p .

Graham

Ico was crtically acclaimed but did poorly at retail. It appears the World really does prefer "EA Sports Simulation 200X" to original games... :rolleyes:

Ico was at heart a basic platform/puzzle game. What elevated it into an almost unique catergory of its own was that a) the castle in which it was set was an absolute masterpiece of level design. You would finish one section, then move on to another, and at some point you'd look back at the section you'd just come from and think "My God". The only thing I can really compare it to is the castle in Miyazakis "Castle of Cagliostro", for feeling like a real imaginary place...

and b) Yorda, the person you help throughout the game. She doesn't speak. Your only means of communicating with her is a phrase that sounds like "Mah-plah". Shes almost entirely helpless, but due to the ingenious trick of leading her around by the hand all the time, she becomes more of a character than countless other CGI'd scripted FMV entities.

Ico isn't for everyone, but if you appreiciate a simple story beautifully told, then it might be for you.

Edit: typos.

Edited by F-ZeroOne