Japanese Forum Suggestion

Shawn & Graham

This is something that I thought of while I was posting on page 18 of the M0-5 Spoiler thread, as I wanted to know the opinion of Japanese fans on the release.

I don't know if this idea has ever been thrown around before, but it occurred to me while I was looking at the rubbish Official Macross BBS that if those guys over there knew of and could actively participate in the MW community it would be a great contribution to the credibility and recognition of the site.

Maybe.

Actually, I'm really just thinking out loud, I do not expect it to be as active as the other forums. But it might be something worth considering.

Even completely lacking any comprehension of the Japanese language, I think this idea is interesting and could possibly be beneifical to the forum as a whole, as maybe those that do know english may spend the majority of their time in the Japanese section, but occaissionally pay the english boards a visit and offer their perspective on things.

A few concerns:

1. I wouldn't want to see all our English speaking members posting "please translate this for me topic" in such a forum. I don't us to look like nags and to have such a forum littered with like topics.

2. Will they come? Do you think people would post on it?

3. Whose going to moderate it? You?

No opinion either way, but is www.macross.co.jp really where the most and best discussion happens over there? I thought it was on the 2ch.net forums. (Not that I can make heads or tails of most of it, even with multiple machine translators.)

You want 2ch posters here? Are you sure that is wise? They are a bit more... enthusiastic about subjects.