Max Q-Rau is out!

do not disturb

Ok so here is a mini review:

It is light. Lighter than Millia's box due to having no pilot figure. It is the same exact mold except it's purplish blue and not the baby blue as we all had thought. The baby blue photoshop really got me liking it but the purplish blue is nice in a different way. If I had a choice, I would pick the baby blue version though.

The trim consists of a light coffee hue. Articulation is just as good or as little as Millia's version. It still suffers from heavy backpack tilt back syndrome without a pilot figure.

So how does it look and compare to another 80-100 figure? I broke open a brand new 1/60 VF-1S for comparison and let me say this: The Q-Rau is definately the better value to me. I've only owned 1/48s and the 1/60 is for a custom job and comparing them, the Q-Rau towers over the 1/60 and is heaps better quality, better molding and better materials despite lacking the transformability which it never had. No Big loss for me. Posability is actually pretty good (stick in a pilot) and looks fantastic next to either 1/60 or 1/48.

There are QC issues. The top left inlet (tan) is chipped on mine but thats it. There are still mold seams but the rest of the paint job looks really good. Better than Max and Millia's Super 1Js. The back pack piece is painted blue for some reason and NOT molded in the same blue plastic. You can definately see the difference in hues which is a turn off for me.

If you nab it for 80ish, its not bad. If you can find it for less, its a must get. If you only collect 1/48s, just get one of each for posing and to have, since you have no other good choices.

Note pictures were taking with incandescent lighting which looks crappy. I will take some pictures under sunlight when I can.

7.5 out of 10

post-4-1098973168_thumb.jpg

Edited by Neova

SWEET! another chance to be gay!!

Thanks Neova for the mini-review.... But DAMMIT!! I was really hoping the production version would be the lighter blue color... That's what really attracted me to this release in the first place... The color it is looks pretty cool though.... I will have to agree that an 80-ish price would make it worth it.

thanks for the picaroos Neova, can't wait to get mine and be gay-o-rific! :lol::rolleyes:

i always knew ya had it in ya' haterist :lol::blink::lol::blink::(:ph34r:

so...finally it's out of the closet! Now u can relax and take the yankee tower of power till your hearts content! :lol:

as far as the new rau..i thought toynami was the only price gouger out there..shame on you yamato..now gimme my GARLAND and Motoslave!!! :D

thanks for the picaroos Neova, can't wait to get mine and be gay-o-rific!  :lol:  :rolleyes:

i always knew ya had it in ya' haterist :lol::blink::lol::blink::(:ph34r:

so...finally it's out of the closet! Now u can relax and take the yankee tower of power till your hearts content! :lol:

as far as the new rau..i thought toynami was the only price gouger out there..shame on you yamato..now gimme my GARLAND and Motoslave!!! :D

first off, lets keep the boston vs. yankee mudslinging in one thread, no reason to clutter up this thread. :)

second, my comment was due to this person ridiculous post....

I guess Yamato will release a green Q-Rau next.

What a rip off.

I hightly doubt anyone will buy the Max figure if it ever get released.

Buying guy's figure is just soooo gay.

• 2 weeks later...