1/72 VF-1 booster launch vehicle

captain america

Hi Guys.

I think Nightmare was just being sarcastic; no malicious intentions on his part.

On my end, I really don't mind the questions, and I'll try to answer them as straight-forewardly as possible. I would never expect someone to plunk-down money for a product sight-unseen. That's partly why Rob never accepts payment for the models until the masters are done & properly photographed.

I know, I'm just fool'en. On a side note, what ever happened to the poll about the next project? Did anything come about from it?

this is so rad. I used to have a robotech rpg book and i just gobbled the pics up when i thumbed through it. ( could always tell which pics were from the original and which were added as supplements from a hired artist)

anyway.. this thing always caught my eye. can't wait to see it fully built!

Why, oh why?

Can't you guys make some stuff to augment the 1/48 Yammies?? :(

I know, cost etc.... :( But I'm not talking about doing the launch vehicle in 1/48...I'm talking much smaller scale stuff....

I can't think of a better person to tackle two seater conversion parts, GBP, Stampede, Elint or Super O parts etc.

Why, oh why?

I know, cost etc.... :( But I'm not talking about doing the launch vehicle in 1/48...I'm talking much smaller scale stuff....

I can't think of a better person to tackle two seater conversion parts, GBP, Stampede, Elint or Super O parts etc.

Why oh why can't you understand that this is about model building and not toys.

Why, oh why?

Ouch...if this baby is going to be that big and expensive in 1/72 it would be a heap-load of cash in 1/48....look at the size of it....The booster itself is the size of a 1/48....the vehichile more then x2 the length. It would be neat but expensive as heck!

Why, oh why?

Can't you guys make some stuff to augment the 1/48 Yammies??  :(

I know, cost etc....  :(  But I'm not talking about doing the launch vehicle in 1/48...I'm talking much smaller scale stuff....

Ouch...if this baby is going to be that big and expensive in 1/72 it would be a heap-load of cash in 1/48....look at the size of it....The booster itself is the size of a 1/48....the vehichile more then x2 the length. It would be neat but expensive as heck!

He already said he wasn't talking about the booster... ;)

let's not fight about which people get's customs made for them... instead we should find a way to be more constructive...

let's clone the captain!!!

hehe...

let's not fight about which people get's customs made for them... instead we should find a way to be more constructive...

Thats way to positive for me....if there were no fighting what would we all do...come on Exo...really.... :rolleyes:

actually build these models? :lol:

Thats way to positive for me....if there were no fighting what would we all do...come on Exo...really.... :rolleyes:

actually build these models? :lol:

Lets not get crazy...what will I fill my closet with and where would I put on the finished kits?!?!?! Nope...building isn't an option...lets just fight about them. Remember they used to have break dance wars? (See Breakin...the movie and Beat Street... "Beat street...king of the beat, cause your rockin to the sound from across the street...beat street is a lesson too 'cause you can't let the street get the best of you... " I wonder if we couldn't have model wars...bunch of geeky pail guys meeting up with their boxes of kits "dualing" it out.... :unsure:

I'm game. So your place or mine. :D:p

Damn Jesse...

you've been served!!!

:lol:

I said a hip hop the hippie the hippie

to the hip hip hop, a you dont stop

the rock it to the bang bang boogie

say up jumped the boogie

to the rhythm of the boogie, the beat

BTW to all of the 1/48 collectors,

If U're all serious about it, Y don't U guys just ask Cap to make what U want and pay him for his work?

let's say... 1 booster for 1/48 $500 for the kit + $2000 for the molds/materials + $ xxx for his labor:)

and if you guys let say... 20 of U , well it'll cheaper no? ;)

Hi Guys.

Just wanted to let everyone know that the first set of molds are finished, and the castings are better than I was expecting. There are still 2 molds left to be done, but that should be pretty quick.

The box art is also almost finished; the only difference will be that the pic will be of a properly built/painted launch pylon, not the prototype. Just FYI, if anyone is still thinking of ordering one, I urge you to do so before it sells out: the kits are limited to 50, and won't be available separately when the run is finished.

post-3-1098928182_thumb.jpg

Hi guys.

What's currently available for order is the launch rail/pylon only (see For Sale section.) The treaded launch vehicle itself hasn't been started yet, and probably won't be available until early in the new year, so as to give people time to save-up for it... And to give me time to work on other stuff.

The launch rail ,sold by itself, will be strictly limited to 50, no exceptions. After that, it will only be available as a set with the booster.

The launch rail ,sold by itself, will be strictly limited to 50, no exceptions. After that, it will only be available as a set with the booster.

Ok, so I want to be 100% clear on this. If we can't manage to get one right now there is still a possablilty to get one later, but only in a set with the booster. I hope that I am right, becuase I still have to buy a booster too and this would make it so much easier, even though I imagine that the set togeather would be about $225.

But to be even more clear; the treaded platform IS going to be available as a stand alone part to compliment the booster and base that I just ordered. Right?

Right.

Each of the 3 components was/is/will be available as a stand-alone kit specially for MWers; basically, to break-up the ginormous cost of selling all three together. That way, you can get whichever kit you want, cheap.

The combination kits will be even more limited (maybe 15 kits), and will be somewhat more expensive.

But to be even more clear; the treaded platform IS going to be available as a stand alone part to compliment the booster and base that I just ordered.  Right?

Right.

Each of the 3 components was/is/will be available as a stand-alone kit specially for MWers; basically, to break-up the ginormous cost of selling all three together. That way, you can get whichever kit you want, cheap.

The combination kits will be even more limited (maybe 15 kits), and will be somewhat more expensive.

Oh no! :( How expensive will be the combo Atmospheric Booster Kit and launch rail? Darn! I'll have to save more for the combo kit bhuhuhu!

Wait a minute...so...to be clear...you're still going to sell the Atmospheric Booster as a single kit in the future? (please sell the Atmospheric Booster as a single kit! ;)

The combo kits are in a way a Limited Edition run? And for those MW's that have money to burn? hehehe!

Gian7675 :)

Wait a minute...so...to be clear...you're still going to sell the Atmospheric Booster as a single kit in the future?

Nope.

The atmospheric Booster only kit is now sold out. The only way you'll be able to get it in the future is as a set with the launch rail... At a revised price.

Waah! :(

Anyway, how much will be the Atmospheric booster & Launch Rail Combo Kit?

When will you start selling the combo kit? Just want to know so that I can start saving more LOL!

Hmmm...some guys are not yet paid on their VF-1 Atmospheric Booster only kit eh... :unsure: I hope Monkey Nugget re-lists them :)

Gian7675 :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...