1/72 VF-1 booster launch vehicle

captain america

I will. I'm the slowest modeler in the world...and I started 3 models at the same time.

Max Booster

Resin Viper X2 (building one for me and one for my son...its a father son time project we are doing together)

and my VF11 custom. Ill take pictures as I go and once I get through a few steps Ill start a thread.

I have recieved a few messages and requests on whether or not we are going to do the rest of the Launch Vehicle.

basically the real question is: How many members here would really want it? Becaue that will really affect the pricing and feasibility of doing this.

It will cost approx $3600.00 just to sculpt this thing. That includes Clear parts, detail parts and lots of time.

We sold approx 40 Boosters

Rails were less nearing about 30 total

So if these numbers stay consistant then it is possible to sell about 20. I won't lie it will be expensive. Probably around the $275 - $300.00 range. This is just an estimate.

I also have to consider the costs of resin, Silicone, Screws, wires ect. Plus paying someone to make the casts. It all adds up.

So if there are members willing to commit to the project we can see if it canproceed. just keep in mind that the more confirmed orders we get, the lower the price will be.

Rob

Edited by samurai_m

Does that man that there are still Boosters and Rails left?

Yes & No. We are trying to get ready for Wonder Festival Summer. So yes we have kits, but they are for the event. At the moment I really don't want to have new molds made. In order for that I would need to sell quite a few more in order to keep the price resonable. Basically from now on the rail and Booster will be sold as a set and they will be sold at Wonder Festival.

Rob

Resin Viper X2 (building one for me and one for my son...its a father son time project we are doing together)

and my VF11 custom. Ill take pictures as I go and once I get through a few steps Ill start a thread.

Hey don't forget to post pictures of the viper too. I want to see that build. ;)

Basically from now on the rail and Booster will be sold as a set and they will be sold at Wonder Festival.

Rob

If you're selling them at Wonder Festival, won't they need to be officially licensed by Big West? If so, will you be supplying those who purchased the Booster and Rail kits, thru MW or your website, with little BW stickers to put on their kit boxes so they can be as "legit" as the kits sold at WF? :p:rolleyes:

I wan't my little BW stickers B))

Edited by Viceland

To answer that. No. I will not be providing stickers to those who already bought them. The ones that I am going to get licensed, which will be limited to 20 per event, will be the only ones that will bare the BW Logo. And that is only IF they get licensed.

If you want to purchase one with a sticker on it you can.

Rob

To answer that.  No.  I will not be providing stickers to those who already bought them.  The ones that I am going to get licensed, which will be limited to 20 per event, will be the only ones that will bare the BW Logo.  And that is only IF they get licensed.

If you want to purchase one with a sticker on it you can.

Rob

:huh: Sorry Rob, I was only being a little sarcastic, I guess it wasn't as funny a comment as I thought... I really could care less about a little BW sticker on my kit boxes.

As my punishment, I will leave my previous post unedited, so everyone may see my foolishness ;) [previous post was edited before samurai_m's post so this holds true]

Edited by Viceland

Does that man that there are still Boosters and Rails left?

Yes & No. We are trying to get ready for Wonder Festival Summer. So yes we have kits, but they are for the event. At the moment I really don't want to have new molds made. In order for that I would need to sell quite a few more in order to keep the price resonable. Basically from now on the rail and Booster will be sold as a set and they will be sold at Wonder Festival.

Rob

Just out of curiosity, are you happy with the how many boosters and rails were sold?

And how popular has the Tachikoma been?

And I guess you have been bombarded with requests for all sorts of obcure kits to be made, but what are the requirements that have to be met before you give the go ahead?

Cheers,

Berttt

The Booster I was quite happy with sales. I wish it had been more but it wasn't. You could say I broke just about even with it.

The Rails I wish had been better. Alot of people backed out at the last minute.

The Tachikoma is still up in the air. So I really can't give a definate answer.

Yes I have gotten many requests to do kits. Some of them will never be taken on. Just too small of a sales base. When I personally judge something to be made I look at 3 things.

1. Can I sell close to 50 or more. (This is the most important.)

2. Can it be licensed.

3. Can I get sales inside of Japan once it is licensed.

Then there are other things I have to look at. Pricing is a big one. What scale is it going to be? Will it be variable or static? How much is it going to cost to sculpt. How much is it going to cost to cast? How much do I have to pay the person doing the casting? How much do I have to charge? And finally is it going to break me? :lol:

Some of you may or may not know but the Booster was my second attempt at getting that kit out. The frist one all most put me completely out of business. I lost approximately $2000.00. If it wasn't for John's and Jesse's kindness, I could not have realized my dream of getting it out.

I really (REALLY) want to do more kits. John and I have talked extensively on the subject. And there will be a few surprises coming out in the near future. :ph34r:

But all in all it just depends on how much support we get. If we can sell them we will make them. MW has been very supportive and I appreciate everything that has been done to make my, well most people's, dreams come true.

Thank You.

Rob

Edited by samurai_m

Thanks for the reply Rob, I have both the Rail and the Booster, and are very happy with them. Having read about the trouble you were having with your last sculptor, I can appreciate the determination to get these two out there. Are you planning on re releasing them in the future?

Good luck with WF, hopefully you can get some more exposure there to boost future sales.

Cheers,

Berttt