New Trigun Gazelle Figure

wolfx

Is this guy even in the Trigun anime? Or just in manga? Don't quite remember seeing him in the anime show. Looks heck of cool though, but 7800yen is very pricey for a Kaiyodo figure.

DOn't think he was in the anime...either that or my memory is failing me. Guess he's in the manga then.

I remembered a character from s.CRY.ed with an alter of a big gun like this dude.

Folks, just a reminder that this figure WILL make it to the States. I confirmed this with Diamond at Comic Con this year. It should make it to the States early next year and we WILL be stocking it. And I'm pretty darn sure it will be much cheaper than that Yen price.

wonder why they would release a figure that was never in the manga or anime? At first when I saw this figure in prototype form, I thought it was that guy on the train with the bright colors and that silly looking gun with colors on it too. Man I forgot his name. But I guess it's not. This guy would've been hella cool in the anime. Maybe there's a trigun movie coming out and he's the main villain? :p:lol::D

That figure is from gun grave, and wasnt it realesed ages (more than a year) ago....

I would reconize that beeg ass pistol anywhere......

Ive had this pic for over a yr, i just changed it to jpeg version now...

Maybe they didnt sell to many, so now they re-releasing it marked as trigun to help push sales?

looks like a repaint

post-26-1097334339_thumb.jpg

Edited by FlyingPika

That figure you show has NEVER been released ever. And for the gungrave line only one figure was released and that was "Beyond the Grave".

Gazelle the Peacemaker is a new figure for the Trigun line as everyone else has said.

Anyway you should try watching the Gungrave anime. Pretty fun to watch. Good story.

It looks pretty good, but I wish they'd put that much effort into giving us a Knives figure. Or even a Legato figure. Oh well....

Actually they are working on a figure for legato. Trigun machine had pictures of an early sculpt for him up before their site went down. It looked really cool, and had more of a manga feel to it.

Also they were building this thing on some sort of movable skeleton or something like that, and it was so early that they hadn't gotten around to sculpting the feet yet. In short it looked like Legato was wearing elf shoes :lol:

Edited by Father Jack

• 2 months later...
That figure is from gun grave, and wasnt it realesed ages (more than a year) ago....

I would reconize that beeg ass pistol anywhere......

Ive had this pic for over a yr, i just changed it to jpeg version now...

Maybe they didnt sell to many, so now they re-releasing it marked as trigun to help push sales?

looks like a repaint

So I was right... seemed so funny that they looked too alike...

beat me to the link wolfx, he looks quite cool indeed i saw the pics on that site before.does anyone here know how big this figure is?

actually here is a link to the Gungrave figure he is similar but very different from the picture posted above, so i am pretty certain they are not the same toy, similarity does happen often in toys, probably the same artist for the 2 series.

gungrave figure

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

actually here is a link to the Gungrave figure he is similar but very different from the picture posted above, so i am pretty certain they are not the same toy, similarity does happen often in toys, probably the same artist for the 2 series.

gungrave figure

chris

He was talking about the gungrave figure above with blue pants and firey red pants posted by pika. :p

However i'm not sure if it was ever released as a Gungrave figure or just scrapped....pika says it was released in limited numbers though.

And yes Gungrave and Trigun characters are designed by Yatsuhito Nightow hence similar designs.

thanks for the pic, kinda expensive right now though. i thought he was talking about the other gungrave figure, i did not realize it,

chris :)

Got mine! Its an improvement over the steallar gungrave figure. Gungrave's racheted points of articulation was all good but too tight, often causing my nails to break and causing fingers to feel much pain. Gazelle is made of softer material and has softer rachets. Only problem I have with it is the stand that connects to the back of his bum. Can't seem to screw that in. <_<

My Gazelle pics. :)

http://www.wolf-x.com/gallery/gazelle

mini_DSCF0003.jpg

Beyond The Grave seems to have the more appealing overall design out of the two, though its an older release. The new figure looks impressive, but mainly on the Big Gun. The figure itself doesn't look as hot, especially the face. Looked too comical on the eyes it seems. But still a very good looking figure, but with a pretty high price tag.

I did get Beyond The Grave some months ago, and still love it very much. :D The only Kaiyodo figure that I can actually brag about its build quality. :lol:

I did get Beyond The Grave some months ago, and still love it very much. :D The only Kaiyodo figure that I can actually brag about its build quality. :lol:

You gotta be kidding.....i believe Kaiyodo is one of the best figure makers out there. All their stuff are high quality sculpts!

Actually the TRIGUN line is exceptionally good, most notably Monev The Gale. ;)

You gotta be kidding.....i believe Kaiyodo is one of the best figure makers out there. All their stuff are high quality sculpts!

Actually the TRIGUN line is exceptionally good, most notably Monev The Gale.  ;)

Thats why I put 'build quality' on my post. No doubt lots of Kaiyodo figures are very nice sculpt. But many are prone to breakage. My Vash got really loose arms, Wolfwood feels very fragile, both Kenshiro & Raoh 200X figures broke a joint on the leg, peg on the stand broke off and got stuck in the shoe heal...etc. And none of the breakage cost by a drop of any sort. Just broke when handling it, and I am very delicate with my toys. ;)

I guess Kaiyodo either improved their quality a lot in the pass couple years, or these two figures are of the higher end release, as Beyond the Grave is the first in my small Kaiyodo collection to ever have ratchet joints and tight normal joints. Definitely a big step up on the engineering side.