Florida's got Tornado's

Hikuro

If you've at all payed attention to the news other than political means or with the events of Florida's last hurricane disaster, than you've learned that the northwest most active Volcano, Mount St. Helens has been spewing out puffs of steam and ash since yesterday, and even just an hour ago.

Back in 1980, the mountain erupted with Steam, Smoke, Ash and Magma for many miles, Ash spread from Washington, to Oregon, all the way into Montana. Ash is not a friendly dust ball as it can scratch cars, use up your air filter, breathing problems when inhaled, skin irritation, so many things which seem insignificant are really not that at all.

It's been 24 years since she blew her top taking out a thousand some odd feet of her top with it. Last week we were given reports that earth quakes matching to 2.0 and higher, even to 3.3 have occured at the rate of SEVERAL a minute. Alot of people have flocked over to the Mountain taking pictures and camping for such a phonomenal event.

This friday, at 12:03 PM Pacific time, she blew once more. Well, you could say it was more like a burp. All the quakes and all the calculations lead to a large puff of steam and ash from the top of Helens which lasted for 24 minutes and stopped. Ash was little and no real reports of it on roads.

However, an hour ago she blew again from my understanding but for a short time.

Foxnews was giving a report about Helens just moments ago and suddenly word was in that Foxnews crew was ordered to evacuate their posts on Helens and 5 minutes later there was a press coference.

Its believed that Helens is not done, while the hard 3.3 earth quakes several a minute have nearly ceased, tremors are continueing to be more occuring than usual. Tremors are indication that the Lava flow is pushing upwards, how far is it from the dome is not known. However, its speculated that it could be anytime that there will be some sort of a Magma eruption very soon.

This is the first Volcano eruption near me ever, I wasn't born when Helens last blew her now gone top, but my folks have told me how horrible just the ash was. My father who I work with as you all know in the auto bussniess went and ordered about estimated 6 month supply of car Air Filters since those will suck up all the ash and just about kill your car. We're also stocking up on parcticle masks to hand out to customers and tech crew if need be.

The estimated dangerzone before she blew yesterday was 3 miles, now its being pushed back to 5 miles....Helens did alot more damage than that 24 years ago as it expanded THOUSANDS of miles of Ash and its Magma destroyed many areas of forest.

I'm not asking for your prayers, or your sympathy really, but I'm letting you know, that if she ever does blow in a way significant to 24 years ago too please be prepared with anything you can from filters, to water, to food.

:o Well they just released information that we should expect an eruption that will be 10-20 times stronger than what happened on Friday. They also stated it can occur anytime between tomorrow Monday till the next of that week...... <_< thank god I'm 50 miles away from there where I work, and yet still another 50 miles from home.

Hey Hikuro, where do you live?  Washington state or Oregon? I live near seattle though I only live here for 6 yrs.  :blink:  Mom and dad are flying up here on Tuesday but I dont think that will happen if she does blow up.

I think you should send me your 1/48 collection as a precaution...

As soon as I receive them I will pray that your safe....

Safely buried in 20ft. of molten rock that is... ^_^

I'm not asking for your prayers, or your sympathy really, but I'm letting you know, that if she ever does blow in a way significant to 24 years ago too please be prepared with anything you can from filters, to water, to food.

Hikuro,

Well count on my prayers AND support. Let us know about your situation. I know myself as well as others here will help provide for your practicle needs. Hang in there man!

Edited by SDFcommander

Hey Hikuro, where do you live?  Washington state or Oregon? I live near seattle though I only live here for 6 yrs.  :blink:   Mom and dad are flying up here on Tuesday but I dont think that will happen if she does blow up.

I think you should send me your 1/48 collection as a precaution...

As soon as I receive them I will pray that your safe....

Safely buried in 20ft. of molten rock that is... ^_^

Why dont you drive up and pick it up at my house, Exo. Make sure you take I-5 right thru Portland ASAP. Preferrably when the explosion happens. :p

Oregon is where I live, and let me tell you I'm gonna make ALOT of money off this :p if she blows and alot of ash spills, than ppl are gonna be suckin out air filters from work left and right. My dad told me they said out back in Missoula in less than an hour and they had a huge supply.

However, I live pretty far from Helens, most I'd get is some ash pending on the wind. However, traffic will be such a pain in the ass that I'll probably be stuck in portland.

Not too mention it seems the Sisters are rumbling as well, with Tornados and Mountains ready to blow, maybe its the sign that doom is near......we just need one thing to complete the circle of destruction........the botox of John Kerry. :ph34r:

what the.. we all live in the northwest? dont mind when exo and godzilla stop posting after they pick up Hikuro's 1:48s :ph34r:. anyways the local media is blowing it all out of proportion, they are hoping its going to be a repeat of the 1980's eruption then say they cover it first. It wont be as large but not small either but its just going to mess up an area thats still messed up from the last eruption.

btw my friends mine we still find layers of ash the 1980s eruption.

Oregon is where I live, and let me tell you I'm gonna make ALOT of money off this :p if she blows and alot of ash spills, than ppl are gonna be suckin out air filters from work left and right. My dad told me they said out back in Missoula in less than an hour and they had a huge supply.

However, I live pretty far from Helens, most I'd get is some ash pending on the wind. However, traffic will be such a pain in the ass that I'll probably be stuck in portland.

Not too mention it seems the Sisters are rumbling as well, with Tornados and Mountains ready to blow, maybe its the sign that doom is near......we just need one thing to complete the circle of destruction........the botox of John Kerry. :ph34r:

And here I thought you lived at the foot of the mountain :lol:

Ok, how about this anyone who lives near the Mount St. Helen's sends their Macross Collection to ME for safe keeping. As in I live in Victoria and its just far enough away that I won't feel any effects from the eruptions (I think <_< ) and it'll arrive here really quickly. :p

Truthfully tho, my prayers go out to anyone who lives near the volcano and hope nothing happens to you.

When the Regis flies outta Helens....wait wait that's the robotech party crap...

She spewed again TWICE since sunday night. She burped a bit of steam no ash around 10:41 lastnight, and again pretty close too 7:30 this morning. I did have a picture of it, sure I can get one again online of how it looked. Supposively the steam had no ash, and it was practically a pure white cloud that was 12,000 feet high above the glacier dome.

There's now a 70% chance of it going too erupt sometime between RIGHT NOW to sunday, and if nothing happens they may just drag it down back to a level 2 alert...meaning "Possible but unlikely" while 3 means "Uh oh..." and 4 is "Stick your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye".

I didn't see jack of it from here in Portland, but I'm sure I will when the big one hits.

They say it'll be 10-20 times stronger than Friday...but who knows!

AND NO YOU CAN'T HAVE MY VALKS!

What a magnificent sight. It makes you so humble to the grand forces of nature and that this planet is still evolving, stirring and moving its tectonic plates. Regardless of the buildings of man.

Here's an updated version, Steam is pretty much becoming constent..it wont end after the last weeks eruption which was measured to be t hat same from 1980. Magma is now only half a mile below the dome but they say we should only expect ash to fall atleast in a 10 mile radius.....last week they said 5....which is it? Do they honestly know? Cause they keep saying this is becoming unpredictable so they can't do much of anything in explaining....

post-26-1097601886_thumb.jpg