• Bandai VT-1 & Yamato VE-1
    • Bandai VE-1 & Yamato VT-1
    • Bandai VT-1 & Yamato VT-1
    • Bandai VE-1 & Yamato VE-1
    • Just the Bandai VT-1
    • Just the Bandai VE-1
    • Just the Yamato VE-1
    • Just the Yamato VT-1

I voted Yamato on both! Even though I haven't recieved mine yet. Theres just something about the Chunky-Monkey that drives me crazy. I'm not into the wacky proportions, poor poseability, and stamped on decals that just don't look right. Sorry Bandai lovers, but nostalgia just doesn't do it for me.

I voted Yamato on both! Even though I haven't recieved mine yet. Theres just something about the Chunky-Monkey that drives me crazy. I'm not into the wacky proportions, poor poseability, and stamped on decals that just don't look right. Sorry Bandai lovers, but nostalgia just doesn't do it for me.

Yamato design is still considered fragile to me..

My Yamato gets it's paint scrathced off easily where else my old 1982 Bandai still has it's paint on.

Moreover my YAMATO fingers have turned yellow-i dont know why) maybe it's my asian climate...

but the other toys & Bandai is infazed...

Another point, drop a bandai it it wont break-easily..but Yamato is bound to break..( i saw it with a friend of mine's..poor thing)

But Yamato has better poses.....more poseable.. but i dislike the thought of taking out it's legs to tranforms..

:) Just my opinion..

Moreover my YAMATO fingers have turned yellow-i dont know why) maybe it's my asian climate...

but the other toys & Bandai is infazed...

Yikes!!!

None of mine have turned yellow, and I leave most of them out on display. Do you have them exposed to direct sunlight in any way? Or, if not, can you tell us what exactly you mean by "asian climate" so the rest of us can avoid this? I'd hate to have to purchase an anti-humidifier to keep my toys from deteriorating, but as much as I've paid for all of these things ....

Edit in:

Ooops! Back OT, I love the Yamato versions best, though mine won't arrive until tuesday or so (thanks Kevin!!!). Even though I haven't handled them yet, I'm all about aesthetics (I know, I'm so shallow :D ), and in IMHO, the old Takatoku/Bandai's just can't compare.

Edited by Batou