Jokemachine Decals Finally!

Solscud007

Which ones to make  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which ones to make

• Repro
    • My badassed designs

Ok guys Devin sent me a pic of the first Jokemachine decal set. It looks good I have yet to get the real thing. To see the quality of Devins decal/stickers.

Ok the pickle is this. According to Devin, My remastered JM decal design is so good "why bother make repro" I figure we repro to complete people's sets. But i figure the demand for those would be minimal. It would be like saying I want repro of Takatoku 1/55 stickers over Bandai Reissue decals which are better quality and legible.

So its up to you. (Also this not an order poll) more of demographic research. So dont reply saying you want to be the first in line. We all know there is demand for this but we need to prioritize.

Edited by Solscud007

Could you put chest stripes, eye piece and intake cover decals on there? Then I wouldn't have to paint my recast. ;)

Chest stripe stickers are notoriously hard to do. I made them for my first 1/55 sets then quickly abandoned them on later sets because they don't work very well.... I'll talk to Nick and see what we can do....

Could you put chest stripes, eye piece and intake cover decals on there? Then I wouldn't have to paint my recast. ;)

Chest stripe stickers are notoriously hard to do. I made them for my first 1/55 sets then quickly abandoned them on later sets because they don't work very well.... I'll talk to Nick and see what we can do....

That'd be awesome. rohby's recast is great but it doesn't like paint.

Yeah Chest stripes are hard. I will try and figure something out. In terms of intake decals look closer my friend at teh upper right hand corner. I can do the eye pieces too. Damn you people are lazy haha j/k

Thank you guys so much!!! Please put me on the top of the list...ANychance that I could get ostrich and elint stickers. I need at least 4 sets of the one's shown above and an ostrich and elint set. I'd be willing to pay a little extra for the ostrich and elint stickers.

Question...is that sticker sheet for 1 Joke machine or 4? I'm basically making the entire squadrun minus the max and skull. Would I really need 6 full sheets for them?

I need stickers for:

Millia

Hikaru

Kenzaki

Elint

Ostrich

Max 1A

Thanks so much for doing this.

These decals are primarily to take one Jokemachine and turn it into one of 4 Skull squadron characters.

1. Fokker VF-1S

2. Hikaru VF-1S/A

3. Max VF-1S/A

4. Kakizaki VF-1S/A

If you look at the image in the upper right hand corner, there are decals for a TV max winglets and Hikaru VF-1J shoulders.

i would need elint sheet to start with to resize and ostrich

what about vinyl, nick? like the car window ones... those are heat activated, just like resin. Once it's on it's stuck like paint, just make sure the surface is clean.

Car decals are not heat activated. They jsut peel and stick. Also they are really really thick compared to the size and scale of the JM.

what about vinyl, nick?  like the car window ones... those are heat activated, just like resin.  Once it's on it's stuck like paint, just make sure the surface is clean.

Car decals are not heat activated. They jsut peel and stick. Also they are really really thick compared to the size and scale of the JM.

there's different thicknesses to vinyl. And they stick more more after they've been left in the sun or if heat is applied. I should know I worked in a graphic workshop for years. They made car decals and those sign banners that you see everywhere. The heat also causes the bubbles to seep thru after a while.

Edited by >EXO<

what about vinyl, nick?  like the car window ones... those are heat activated, just like resin.  Once it's on it's stuck like paint, just make sure the surface is clean.

there's different thicknesses to vinyl. And they stick more more after they've been left in the sun or if heat is applied. I should know I worked in a graphic workshop for years. They made car decals and those sign banners that you see everywhere. The heat also causes the bubbles to seep thru after a while.

oh ok. But jsut think to have a two tone color like black and yellow or red and yellow you would need to put one color over the other. If you try to line it up each color being one piece it is too hard and gaps will show up. Also applying it exactly on a JM is kinda hard. Dont worry my photoshopping shall produce chest decals. and eye decals.

Hey Sol,

this is my recommendation from the last thread,

Could we also get another left side wing so we can make at least two Jm's out of one sheet rather than just one andd have the rest goto waste.

Or maybe sell these in pairs.?? Vf-1s/vf-1a, M&M????

Wha happened to the funny JM skulls????

How bout suplemental sheets, extra wing pieces....funny skulls, anything else missed or that dont fit on larger sheet..

I am so glad this is finally coming to light.. :D

Edited by orguss01

Hey Sol,

this is my recommendation from the last thread,

Could we also get another left side wing so we can make at least two Jm's out of one sheet rather than just one andd have the rest goto waste.

Or maybe sell these in pairs.?? Vf-1s/vf-1a, M&M????

Wha happened to the funny JM skulls????

How bout suplemental sheets, extra wing pieces....funny skulls, anything else missed or that dont fit on larger sheet..

I am so glad this is finally coming to light..  :D

haha this is where we screw you guys in teh butt haha. seriously though This is to be one sheet for ONE valk. I will make a supplemental sheet or we will combine it to one comprehensive sheet and raise the price. I will talk to devin about it.

Edited by Solscud007

From a marketing stand point, makes sense to make 1 sheet for 1 valk. Wouldn't want to waste the ink and materials assuming everyone owns more than one and then force those that only do own one pay for a sheet that accomodates 4. But since there is enough for several valks minus a few decals, a supplemental sheet that would accomodate a total of 4 valks would be excellent. I would imagine the price for the supplemental sheet would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 150% the price of the intial sheet or 200% so to decal up 4 valks would be the price of roughly 3...

Whatever the case, we all just need to remember, this is business. Thanks for giving us the option!

:Dat

The paper I used is ultra thin polyvinyl film (PVF). Adheres to surfaces like a mofo, especially after exposure to heat. Don't push it, though. The topcoat and inks I use aren't indestructible....

there's different thicknesses to vinyl.  And they stick more more after they've been left in the sun or if heat is applied.  I should know I worked in a graphic workshop for years.  They made car decals and those sign banners that you see everywhere.  The heat also causes the bubbles to seep thru after a while.

The paper I used is ultra thin polyvinyl film (PVF). Adheres to surfaces like a mofo, especially after exposure to heat. Don't push it, though. The topcoat and inks I use aren't indestructible....

Yeah, I was talking about the chest stripes, more or less. Colored vinyl can take the stress that ink can't. The chestplate on the recasts are really bendable.

I think if you do the chest stripes as three pieces (left, right and center) they'll work ok. Two more decals that'd make the sheet complete are the chest intakes anda skull for the heatshield.

Also I think it might be more economical to make seperate sheets for the different color schemes. I don't like the idea of having leftovers and it will decrease your cost per sheet thusly increasing your profit. ;)

I think if you do the chest stripes as three pieces (left, right and center) they'll work ok. Two more decals that'd make the sheet complete are the chest intakes anda skull for the heatshield.

Also I think it might be more economical to make seperate sheets for the different color schemes. I don't like the idea of having leftovers and it will decrease your cost per sheet thusly increasing your profit. ;)

Nick and I are still working out the details on the number of sheets, etc. I actually have a few PMs from him that I need to go through and respond to before I can say anything more about what these sheets are going to look like.

I've done the three piece chestplate decals before on 1/55's and they look okay. It's really the only way to deal with a complex and curving surface like that....

Hey were not trying to increase their profit, J/K :lol:

I like the supplemental idea, buy the whole sheet, then if ya need to make more, buy the supplemental .....this way you dont have to decide which you are making before you buy the first sheet...... :wub:

Edited by orguss01

Chest intakes can do. Chest stripes can do maybe three piece. Skull is a no no. The curve of that cocoon is too much. Unless Devin has a better idea. Dont forget the heat shield is WHITE!!!!! what good is a white skull on a white heat shield.

Chest intakes can do. Chest stripes can do maybe three piece. Skull is a no no. The curve of that cocoon is too much. Unless Devin has a better idea. Dont forget the heat shield is WHITE!!!!! what good is a white skull on a white heat shield.

There is a little skull on the Bandai super 1S sticker sheet that works perfectly so it's no biggie.

I didn't read through the whole thing but the thing I noticed on the max and hikaru vf1A JM is that the tailfins don't have the skull and appropriate colors to match the chest colors. Only VF-1s has it. Can you guys implement this into the sticker sheet? :huh:

I didn't read through the whole thing but the thing I noticed on the max and hikaru vf1A JM is that the tailfins don't have the skull and appropriate colors to match the chest colors. Only VF-1s has it. Can you guys implement this into the sticker sheet? :huh:

Pat go back to the first page of this thread and take a look at the preliminary picture of my decals set. You will see skulls for Fokker, Hikaru, Max, and Kakizaki.

• 4 weeks later...
Nick and I finally worked out the design details for the JM sticker set and we tried to incorporate as much of your feedback as possible. A few of the decals won't show up in the sample pic below because they are printed in white.

Looks great but I think the numbers on the leg fins are upside down. :huh:

Nick and I finally worked out the design details for the JM sticker set and we tried to incorporate as much of your feedback as possible.  A few of the decals won't show up in the sample pic below because they are printed in white.

Looks great but I think the numbers on the leg fins are upside down. :huh:

Okay, somebody smack Nick. ;)

I'm so busy these days that I didn't even notice the leg fin issue. I'll get that fixed ASAP.