Xbox Live

mikeszekely

Three words, guys: Star Wars Battlefront.  I am so being a Storm Trooper.

You mean you are planning to miss all the time? :p

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Graham

I'm actually decent with the Storm Trooper. Moreso than any other Imperial unit. The Storm Trooper is hella better than the standard Republic Trooper, although with that mini rocket launcher, I think the Super Battle Droid is my favorite.

Yes yes, I've heard many a times now that the regular Rebel commando is supposed to be very good. But I never play as the Rebels. They're my absolute least favorite army.

oooooooooooh.

That actually isn't that bad. I guess if I felt I could put a lot of time it would be worth it.

I mostly got it because my two best friends moved away after college, but we all have Live. Next best thing to them actually being in my living room.

Ladic, I realize that with MMORPGs that you're paying for a service. I mean, they have to maintain a lot of servers, plus dish out patches and SMALL updates. But let's face it... $50 for a game you can't do jack with unless you pay their monthly fees is too much. And if you want the REAL updates, you have to buy the $30 expansion pack. And $15 a month to play a game I already paid $50 is borderline extortion, IMHO. Hell, $15 a month is more than I spend on TV. If the monthly fees were a little more reasonable, and if you got the game for free if you signed up to play (ala what Sony used to do with Everquest on the PS2), then I might think differently. But it really doesn't matter what I think... law of supply and demand. There are enough people willing to buy a game, then pay to play it, that it's profitable enough to justify that kind of business model.

• 5 months later...

yeah, I have xbox live, but it's on my friend's xbox. I did that because 1. I don't have an xbox, and 2. so we can play ranked games on halo 2. ;):p:D:lol:

I was thinking of picking up this game to play Online, is it worth it?

244228x.jpg

Hella worth it.

Granted, I haven't tried it online yet. And the new version of SFII is still more or less a Super Nintendo game... but SFIII is easily one of the best 2D fighting games I've played. I think the only one I might like better is Street Fighter Alpha 3, and that's only because of the enormous number of characters and kick-ass world tour mode.

Besides, it's only $30.

244228x.jpg

Hella worth it.

Granted, I haven't tried it online yet. And the new version of SFII is still more or less a Super Nintendo game... but SFIII is easily one of the best 2D fighting games I've played. I think the only one I might like better is Street Fighter Alpha 3, and that's only because of the enormous number of characters and kick-ass world tour mode.

Besides, it's only $30.

Man I have been playing the crap outta this. I bought the import(wcode and region free) and played it back in November but there werent alot of players. Now with the US release I can play everyday!

Definaley one of the best LIVE titles yet.

well, my son plunked down for it for Halo 2, so it's up and running, i've activated my own account with another 2-month free trial pass, but after that, i will close it, my son is going to keep his open (he's paying for it). wasn't too hard, already had the line ran for the PS2, but got tired of playing RE:Outbreak, so now, it's just for Halo 2. I refuse to pay to play online after spending $50 on the game. That's why I never got into FFXI.

For you Halo 2 people, you can look for my cheating/kill stealing/betraying son under the name Esayess. If you see me playing, it'll be under Chowser (and i am really only ranked level 2 or 3, my son was using mine and bumped me up to 9 so now i am getting beat badly whenever I play with other people).

Bet'cha can't stick it!

244228x.jpg

Hella worth it.

Besides, it's only $30.

Man I have been playing the crap outta this. I bought the import(wcode and region free) and played it back in November but there werent alot of players. Now with the US release I can play everyday!

bought it, got the crap beat out of me online. :D

Question, how do u watch the movie? :blink:

I love Halo 2 on Xbox Live.... my friend's Xbox, Halo 2, and Xbox Live that is. Dont own em and aint buying them. My only gripe is how annoying all the voice synth users get.... the little kid one sounds EXACTLY like my other friend who plays with us over the net. It's erie. That and the rednecky one is just obnoxious. Lotsa fun overall tho....

244228x.jpg

Hella worth it.

Besides, it's only $30.

Go to Street Fighter II, then go to the Gallery Mode. It's in there.

244228x.jpg

Hella worth it.

Besides, it's only $30.

Go to Street Fighter II, then go to the Gallery Mode. It's in there.

thanks

Hey, anyone knows where I can get my xbox fix and how much does it cost?

My xbox is now reading discs on and off and its annoying.

I don't use it that much, but I did buy it used from gamestop about a year ago, and I mostly use it to watch dvds.

Hey, anyone knows where I can get my xbox fix and how much does it cost?

My xbox is now reading discs on and off and its annoying.

I don't use it that much, but I did buy it used from gamestop about a year ago, and I mostly use it to watch dvds.

Where do you live?

If you're in Maryland or Virginia (around the DC area), I think Starland fixes them. Not sure, though, and not sure what they'd charge.

I'm in Florida, next to Ft Laudaerdale. :(

Sorry, bro, I'm not familiar with that area.

Maybe it's time to make a trip to the National Air and Space Museum (or think of some other excuse to make a trip to DC).

I'm on there too, same name as on here. (at least I'm easy to find) I'm thinking of getting that new Star Wars game....but I already have Halo 2.

I just finished Republic Commando this morning, if that's what you mean by "new Star Wars game." It's a solid single-player game if a bit short (and the ending is more abrupt and leaves you hanging way worse than Halo 2's), but the multiplayer is just sort of tacked on. If FPS is your thing, stick with Halo 2 for Live.

I'm on there too, same name as on here. (at least I'm easy to find) I'm thinking of getting that new Star Wars game....but I already have Halo 2.

I just finished Republic Commando this morning, if that's what you mean by "new Star Wars game." It's a solid single-player game if a bit short (and the ending is more abrupt and leaves you hanging way worse than Halo 2's), but the multiplayer is just sort of tacked on. If FPS is your thing, stick with Halo 2 for Live.

ah, thanks, it was "Republic Commando" I just forgot the title of it, lol.