Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War

vuster

I've always liked the Warhammer futureistic stuff, neat designs and all that...but I know next to nothing about the regular game ...what the various classes are, how it all works...so would this game be okay for newbies?

Also I'm not a stratigy gamer (prolly why I never got into the whole Warhammer thing besides looking at the figures in the store)...and RTS games are like pulling teeth to me (way too much information overload :p )...but I can deal with turn basied ones fairly well...is this game at all suitable (not too much information overload)?

My PC can handle it no problem (P4 with a 256MB Geforce 6800 Gt video card ;) Yeah Doom 3 runs great! ) and I much prefer 3rd person platform-ish games like Alice to FPS, with my favorite genre being SHMUPS like Einhander and Ikaruga...guess the PC isn't a great gameing rig for me (except all those emulators :lol: ) but being on a lowly 56k modem makes it hard to download most game demos...so sorry for the above questions.

It's okay for newbies cause they explain what everything is very well... but it is RTS and a hard and involved one at that... it isn't turn based. Sorry!

I much prefer 3rd person platform-ish games like Alice

man, I just finished Alice...got stuck before. I LOVED IT!! thats like the coolest game ever matey.

IMO, DoW isnt too much info overload....squadbased unit tactics instead of cranking out one man at a time vastly speed up gameplay and efficency and lessen micromanegment. its a great game that looks great too

• 2 weeks later...

Any has been playing the full version? This is one of the best RTS on the market right now. Much better than rome total war. Constant action, doesnt take much skill to start playing. But once you have played this a while, you will need to micromanage to win. Graphics are sweet too especialy when u get the Bloodthirster and the Avatar fighting. zoom in close up and its bad ass.....!!!!! This is what Starcraft 2 would of been if it ever came out. There was a Starcraft skin mod available for a breif moment befor Blizzard make them take it down. GET THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!! B))

I got it. it is absolutely fantabulous. Im running it on a Dell XPS with Geforce 4 cant remeber the rating and 768(whatever the variable is) of RAM adn ive got max settings with great preformance nad no slow downs. It is sooo. great. cant wait to DL al,k the faction mods. Only wish teh cutscnes on the campaign were better than the in engine ones...oh well, its still an amazing game

You guys do realize that this game is meant and designed to be multiplayer and not really single player. Single player now-a-days is only a handwave at that non interent crowd. Besides there will be several dozen, if not hundreds, new missions made by the fanbase from TT stock over the next few years.

But do what everybody else does! What 2-3 months for the price to drop and then buy it! :D

yeah. the campaign is short. like an hour or two per mission at most. they arew fun tho, and the story is good, but the in engine cut scences are crappy. much clipping and lip flopping. otehrwise tho, it is fantastic and i am very ha[ppy with it. i cant wait to try out multiplayer next :ph34r: