Canada YTV friday's lineup (80% Anime)

ogami

Canada YTV friday's lineup

7PM SD Gundam Force

>It is for kids but I found it is fun to watch. And, it is Gundam, a must see!

7:30PM Transformers Energon

>I really like Energon's 3DCG and the story is pretty interesting.

8PM & 8:30PM Dragon Ball GT and rerun DBZ

>I do watch DBZ, but not DBGT

9PM Justice League Unlimited

>Justice League is back! It is my favorite american animation.

9:30PM Gundam SEED

>I already watched Japanese ver. Gundam SEED but it is Gundam, a must see!

I think the dub is OK

10PM Inuyasha

>I do watch fansub Inuyasha but it is always good to watch it again.

10:30PM Witch Hunter Robin

>What made YTV to show Witch Hunter Robin... YTV used to dislike older youth/adult anime...

However, it is a good start and this show is amazing.

11PM & 11:30PM rerun of Reboot and Beasties (Beast war)

>I watched both of them before so i watch them whenever I can.

Took a long time for YTV to change it's Friday night format. <_< Gundam SEED, Inu Yasha, and Witch Hunter Robin are a must watch for me. Since watching the 1st episode of Witch Hunter Robin, it's got me all hooked up. Anybody know if they sell the Witch Hunter Robin Series DVD Set? I'm assuming that the series is new and still going?

Yeah I quite like the YTV line up...

Heh I remember waiting for Teletoon to show Vol 4. of macross plus... and it never happened... they also showed Patlabor and Ninja Scroll a lot... Teletoon's line up was all Manga shows... and I think Space's was all CPM, Gall Force and so on... Yeah I miss that.

Hey Ogami? Sakura Taisen fan? Me too one of my other handles is Oogami Taichou... I don't know that many other ST fans in Canada... so it's always cool to meet more fans of the Musicals, Anime, Games...

Yeah, I also waited for Teletoon to show the last ep of Macross Plus, but it never happened. I finally saw the end of it when I bought the beautiful HK Mac Plus bootleg set ;) Anyone remember way back when YTV first started, the first anime they ever showed was Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs? I think the original name is Bismark something, but that show was awesome :)

Edited by Mellow Yellow

Yep, a few good series. While I missed both the 1st eps of SEED and Robin, I will continue to watch them both. I haven't yet caught SD Gundam, I'll try to make up for it next Friday.

Bandai is releasing a limited edition boxed set of Witch Hunter Robin on October 26. There's nothing special about it. It's just a compilation of the 6 DVDs they released for the series. Off topic a bit: Bandai is also releasing a boxed set of Escaflowne. Both the series and the movie will be included. It will be priced at around $100.00 US.

Oh, and Teletoon did run the entire 4 parts of Macross Plus. I have them on VHS from when they ran it at 8 P.M. during March break week in '98 or '99.

Yeah I quite like the YTV line up...

Heh I remember waiting for Teletoon to show Vol 4. of macross plus... and it never happened... they also showed Patlabor and Ninja Scroll a lot... Teletoon's line up was all Manga shows... and I think Space's was all CPM, Gall Force and so on... Yeah I miss that.

Hey Ogami? Sakura Taisen fan? Me too one of my other handles is Oogami Taichou... I don't know that many other ST fans in Canada... so it's always cool to meet more fans of the Musicals, Anime, Games...

YEA, I am a big Sakura Taisen Fans... :lol:

I like ST since the first ST.

Nice to meet you. BTW, I live in Vancouver.

Samurai Pizza Cats was so fun to watch.

Teletoon did show Macross Plus vol4 2 or 3 times and then that's it...

I cancelled Teletoon right away.

Saber Rider was the definition of cool at the time. I watched the first episode to see if I'd like the series, and promptly taped all the others. Unfortunatly, I never got to see the first one again.

So I've got most, if not all, of the episodes on tape *except* for that one, which I want to see simply because it's been bugging me for all these years.

And I'm down in Surrey. That hasn't been evicted from the GVRD yet, right? :p

Awww... well I'm in Edmonton! Oh well... so Ogami looking foward to Sakura Taisen V Episode 0... it's finally coming this week, yay!

I want to go to Vancover sometime.... i've never been further away form Edmonton then Kowlona (okay I know I spelt that wrong).

I am not that looking forward to Sakura Taisen V Episode 0. I will buy it but it is not the Sakura Taisen I will love. ST2 is still my favorite.

To CoryHolmes:

Surry is not part of the GVRD but it is part of Greater Vancouver. :lol:

(as long as you can drive)

Awww... well I'm in Edmonton! Oh well... so Ogami looking foward to Sakura Taisen V Episode 0... it's finally coming this week, yay!

I want to go to Vancover sometime.... i've never been further away form Edmonton then Kowlona (okay I know I spelt that wrong).

I am not that looking forward to Sakura Taisen V Episode 0. I will buy it but it is not the Sakura Taisen I will love. ST2 is still my favorite.

To CoryHolmes:

Surry is not part of the GVRD but it is part of Greater Vancouver. :lol:

(as long as you can drive)

ST2 was pretty good especially cause a I like Leni and Orihime a lot... but ST1 nothing can beat that for me... the ending was just too great... not Atsuki mind you cause it screwed the ending up IMO but the original Sakura Taisen on Sega Saturn.

I think the NYKD has enough ties to the PKD and TKD that it'll still feel like Sakura Taisen once V comes out... there has been a lot that has been hinted at that will make the association strong... yeah.