Bootleg CM's Part 1?

Valk009

Just came across some very low quality (poor paint job and bad smelling) CM's Part 1 figures :angry:

I suspect them being bootlegs but have anyone heard about this? There have been rumours but are there really CM's Part 1 bootlegs around ;)

Forgot to mention that there is no "Big West" sticker present!

:)

Edited by Valk009

Just came across some very low quality (poor paint job and bad smelling) CM's Part 1 figures :angry:

I suspect them being bootlegs but have anyone heard about this? There have been rumours but are there really CM's Part 1 bootlegs around ;)

Forgot to mention that there is no "Big West" sticker present!

:)

pics! Links!... what have yous!!!

Bad quality bootleg figures are often seen on eBay, sellers from China mainland offering them for one dollar or less. <_<

Those look about right actually.

Even got the damn Minmay doll.

i have this set and i can say that there are not too bad. yes, you can't expect too much cos they are bootlegs. but, they are not too bad, really. all i did was to clean them up with a piece of wet cloth and they still look presentable. i got the entire set for just SGD$24.90 and was surprised that they are all sold out now. was hoping to get another set :( i'm keeping my fingers cross for series 2 cos i want the cockpit! :)

Edited by Toonz

Meh, only the Minmay mini-doll looks good enough, the rest has recast-over-recast details, or actually no details. Look at the hair of the first Minmay and Mao, it's like bird dropping that is painted over. Or the stubby fingers of Minmay #1.

Oh well, I don't have the CM's, so maybe they do look fine enough... :blink:

Just came across some very low quality (poor paint job and bad smelling) CM's Part 1 figures  :angry:

Could they be rejected figures? (Failed QC)

IIRC, the original figures are also very foul smelling. Don't hold them close and sniff! And it's not just these figures. Some Evangelion figures I got recently are also like that. But I think the smell will disappear in a day or two if you put them on display.

Edited by nhyone