New Adult Swim Lineup

Yang_Neumann

With Wolf's Rain drawing towards its end and Trigun and Cowboy Bebop being shown so many times that I could recite the dialogue without watching it continuously on TiVO, It's good to see they are finally bringing some fresh faces in for the Fall. I was aware they had picked up Full Metal Alchemist for the Action Lineup, but was a little shocked to find out Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex will also be a part of the new roster. Last but not least on the list is Read Or Die. Before you get too excited and run to your friends screaming "ROD TV is coming to Action!",be warned this is the three-episode OVA. Still a good story, but done with too soon.

R.O.D and S.A.C. premiere October 23rd . Two weeks later (Nov. 6th) F.M.A. is added.

More Adult Swim news from the Anime News Network:

posted on 2004-09-06 14:31:26

source: Toon Zone

News from Dragon*ConAt Dragon*Con this weekend Cartoon Network announced that they will be airing The Super Milk-chan Show in 2005. This is the first time that Cartoon Network will broadcast an ADV series. The only other time Cartoon Network has ever broadcast ADV titles was when the broadcast selected episodes from Evangelion, Nadesico, Dai-Guard and Robotech on Giant Robot Week.

Cartoon Network also stated that they do not expect to license any more Case Closed. The first two seasons, 51-episodes, of Case Closed are currently scheduled to air on Adult Swim.

-NOS

Za-paper is hot.

Speaking of which...

Yomiko Readman Voice Poses Nude (2004-08-31 16:07:11)

Sankei Sports reports that Rieko Miura , the voice of Read or Die's Yomiko Readman, has posed nude for a photo-book titled "Gekkan (Monthly) Miura Rieko" that is due to be released in Japan on September 10th. A companion DVD will be released later in the month. Miura previously posed nude for the photo-book "Hugs" in 2001. The photo-book is being produced by Christopher Doyle, one of Asia's most respected cinematographers.

Source: Natsume Maya

i am looking forward to at least ghost in the shell, i have been trying to get the whole series online, but most of the copies have horrible subtitles. but it is about time, cartoon network is starting to fall off

Muhahaha!

Buy the SUPR NOVA official Bandai/Manga DVD's. Sure it will be a while before the whole series is released but at least it will be decent.

yeah, but for how much, most of the anime series i buy i never pay more than like 30 or forty bucks, and i can in fact get the entire series for like 40 bucks at animespectrum.com, but like i said i heard that version has crappy subtitles, and it is in all japanese. maybe i should just wait for the fx perfect collection box if they make one, is should only be like 30 or 40 bucks then, with better subtitles and the english language track.

yeah, but for how much, most of the anime series i buy i never pay more than like 30 or forty bucks, and i can in fact get the entire series for like 40 bucks at animespectrum.com, but like i said i heard that version has crappy subtitles, and it is in all japanese. maybe i should just wait for the fx perfect collection box if they make one, is should only be like 30 or 40 bucks then, with better subtitles and the english language track.

You will have a SUPR NOVA of a wait if you also want the english track included in a boot. The series just started to get released in Region 1. If you don't want to pay too much money, and you want it now, then you will have to get the SUPR NOVA crappy bootlegs.

• 2 weeks later...

News from Dragon*ConAt Dragon*Con this weekend Cartoon Network announced that they will be airing The Super Milk-chan Show in 2005. This is the first time that Cartoon Network will broadcast an ADV series. The only other time Cartoon Network has ever broadcast ADV titles was when the broadcast selected episodes from Evangelion, Nadesico, Dai-Guard and Robotech on Giant Robot Week.

Cartoon Network also stated that they do not expect to license any more Case Closed. The first two seasons, 51-episodes, of Case Closed are currently scheduled to air on Adult Swim.

I said "Fresh" as in something that hasn't been out for at least three years.

Who can forget EVA on CN. Really, Lord only knows we've tried to forget that tease of a broadcast. :lol:

But it's not Super Milk-chan. It's Oh! Super Milk-chan, which was the second series. The farttards at ADV couldn't get anything right even if they tried.