Medal of Honor Pacific Assault

Kin

Is this a new one or something different different from the other Medal of Honor game set in the Pacific?

I'm not sure which one you are talking about... there are a lot of variants but this link should help: http://www.eagames.com/official/moh/pacificassault/us/

He's refering to Medal of Honor Rising Sun. I'd alsolike to know if there will be a PS2 or Gamecube version.

Chris

Dunno if there is a ps2 version. Today I got scared to hell.. After playing the demo and returning into windows desktop.. my monitor went black without signal.

So I restarted windows XP but it got no further than finishing the loading screen..

Thank god it was the video driver (radeon) which was fcked up. Reinstalled and everything works OK to my relief. They don't make stuff/software reliable as they do years ago...

Edited by Kin

• 3 weeks later...
Dunno if there is a ps2 version. Today I got scared to hell.. After playing the demo and returning into windows desktop.. my monitor went black without signal.

So I restarted windows XP but it got no further than finishing the loading screen..

Thank god it was the video driver (radeon) which was fcked up. Reinstalled and everything works OK to my relief. They don't make stuff/software reliable as they do years ago...

I'm having the same problem! I just got a 9800 pro and the damn demo won't go past the loading screen. What did you do to fix this, are you using catalyst.

Dunno if there is a ps2 version. Today I got scared to hell..  After playing the demo and returning into windows desktop.. my monitor went black without signal.

Thank god it was the video driver (radeon) which was fcked up. Reinstalled and everything works OK to my relief. They don't make stuff/software  reliable as they do years ago...

I'm having the same problem! I just got a 9800 pro and the damn demo won't go past the loading screen. What did you do to fix this, are you using catalyst.

See PM :)

• 1 month later...

Arise from the dead!

Anyway I got my copy tonight and just got done playing it... I'm a bit past the Pearl Harbor sequence. So far the game for the most part is Call of Duty: The Pacific Zone for me... the game has not added all that much other than spiffed up graphics, some hoakey "command calls" fuctions and a teeny bit of squad management things. I'm really hoping this game opens up more after the first few levels because so far it is a fair rail shooter in spots (that really remind me of CoD) and an average WW2 shooter in others.

I'm also having trouble with my Raedon 9800 Pro card... does not want to install the new driver so I have to run the game in Hardware 1.1 mode rather than 2.0... don't know if that makes much more impact though.

I haven't actually played MoH: Pacific Assault yet, but some of the things I read in the IGN review stuck out in my mind. Despite the new capabilities of the MoH engine, you are apparently stuck on those gosh darn "rails" again, as JsARC pointed out. Also, the insta-spawning enemies seems really unnecessary to me, given that games like Far Cry can easily handle enemies miles away on the map. And the AI for your teammates is apparently quite dodgy at times, to the degree that they'll stand idly by while a lone Japanese soldier will run screaming at you with his bayonet. I can give that a pass in older games like Call of Duty, which in effect running on the antique Quake III engine, but for a "new" game that seems pretty unforgiveable. EA seems to be somewhat slow in embracing the gameplay that these new games can and should be capable of.

Still, I'll give the multiplayer demo a whirl. Either way, I have Call of Duty: United Offensive to tide me over until Battlefield 2 comes out.

There is a tremendous amount of stuff going on in this game hence the chopiness that I keep hearing people talk about. Just in the Pearl Harbor level alone there are Jap Zeroes everywhere, shooting the crap out of everything... people running everywhere, tons of stuff blowing up. I was impressed by the sheer amount of stuff going on in the game. Heck, even in the boot camp level there are tons of recruits doing calesthenics in the background and in the pre-boot landing zone level there are enough things going on to really place you "there" in the combat.

The danger to all of that is that in some respects there is "too much" going on. Just like the actual battles most likely were there is no set "direction" of the fight, it just seems to engulf the player... it happens all around you. I'm actually somewhat thankful for the very linear levels otherwise you'd be lost in all the crap going on. The other thing with the game is much like CoD it feels very, very "Scripted" in what happens. Nothing feels random or unique, the whole gameplay experience is very laid out beforehand with little to no variation... sure a jap footsoldier may go around a obsticle to the left when he went around it to the right the time before but other than minor nuances there is little to no "randomness" to the game.

The AI is also just a beefed up version of what has come before. The makers just tweaked a few things to make them seem more "intelligent" but they are just the same old MoH enemies with the same patterns and predictable responses.

I could never actually get the multiplayer demo to install :(

Single player ran perfectly for me, but all my Spearhead buddies say it runs really badly and lags to hell...a game that gets released is laggy in multiplayer....surely not!!

WHY cant they release a game that doesnt lag!!!!!