Our Homemade Minmay Glass Portrait

Valk009

• 1 month later...

Dude, I love it. Love it, Love it, Love it, Love it,Love it,Love it,. I'd like to see some valk ones as well, but it suits characters sooooo much better. When I finsih my Yamato collection I am definitely coming after you with a request for a few of these.

• 7 years later...

Well, it's my sad duty to bring this old thread back for a bit of bad news.

I actually came across the smaller of the two Minmay glass portraits on ebay and managed to win it.

The seller said he bought it off someone in HK. Not sure if it was Valk009 or someone who had bought it from him.

I had it sent to a friend in the US to minimize shipping distance knowing it was a fragile item. Despite this, the sender apparently failed to wrap the glass plate in more than a single layer of bubblewrap. The result was heartbreaking. :(

post-9325-0-05736900-1346749837_thumb.jpg post-9325-0-14394200-1346749925_thumb.jpg

If any more of these get made I'd definitely be interested in one. In the meantime though, it looks like a one of a kind item may have been lost forever.

I'd love to get the first Minmay version. That's awesome.

Tochiro, that is so sad to see that someone wouldn't properly package it for a long destination. I hope it was insured, and/or you get compensated for the poor job.

Edited by Jasonc