The NEW Star Wars on DVD thread

Regarding the Original Trilogy DVD set, I guess we should all be grateful that GL didn't decide to remove James Earl Jones's Voice for Darth Vader and replace it with Hayden Christianson's voice :D

Graham

Don't give him any ideas. <_<

Isn't this thread about the DVDs Drad?  :lol:

Yes it is. I was referring to the way the lightsaber effects have been updated on the 2004 DVDs. I should've been clearer about that.

Edited by Drad

even though I was 7 or 8 at the time I clearly remember seeing the movie before it was called ANH and to the best of my damaged memory. . .

I was four when ANH was originally released. And I saw it in the theaters. And I distinctly remember the Red Baron dropping an anvil on Darth Vader's TIE Fighter from a biplane.

I kid you not. It was my first (flawed) recollection of seeing a movie in my life. I can still picture it. :p

H

even though I was 7 or 8 at the time I clearly remember seeing the movie before it was called ANH and to the best of my damaged memory. . .

I was four when ANH was originally released. And I saw it in the theaters. And I distinctly remember the Red Baron dropping an anvil on Darth Vader's TIE Fighter from a biplane.

I kid you not. It was my first (flawed) recollection of seeing a movie in my life. I can still picture it. :p

H

When I was really, really young I saw this horror movie that took place on an airplane, and somehow I got it mixed up in my head with the movie Airplane. So whenever Airplane came on, I would leave the room, thinking it was this movie filled with death and gore.

Heh. When I was a kid, my older brother had tons of Star Wars toys - but I'd never seen the movie, as I was about 3 when it came out.

I remember making up the story as I played with the action figures. At one time, the Stormtrooper was my hero, Darth Vader the bad guy, and Luke Skywalker sold guns to the others. I also seem to remember Hammerhead and Chewie being my Stormtrooper hero's boon companions.

Then it got rereleased and my folks took me to the drive-in to see it. I was so bummed that so many of the action figures barely got any screen time at all. :lol:

I was still surprised when the Death Star was a sphere instead of a 3 levelled playset.

My mom took me to go see a rerelease of Ten Commandments when I was 5. we missed it and we ended up watching the second feature Sinbad and the Eye Of The Tiger. She failed to tell me that we were gonna see a diff. movie instead....

I was convinced Moses was a badass that went up against A giant cyclops monkey, a giant tiger, A Minotaur statue and a one bird legged witch...

I saw Return of the Jedi when I was 3, my parents took me on opening weekend. I was so excited, I'd seen the first two movies on TV or something, so we get there and the scroll starts and Vader scares the piss outa the Moff and then I missed the next 30-45 minutes. I was terrified by Jabba the Hutt, I rember my mom saying "see it's ok, the slurmty looking princess got rid of him." I do remember enjoying the rest of the movie, though.