12" Aliens figures

Skull 001

That would be awesome. I doubt it would be McFaralne cuz I think you're talking about articulated figures like GI Joes. McFarlane already has 12" predator and Aliens figures. Again these are preposed with limited and unecessary articulation. Also, these would be out of scale with other 12" figures because predator would be a good 14" to look correct necxt to a normal 12" figure.

At least a half decade if not close to ten years ago there was a 12" 'Hicks' action figure that came bundled with an Alien figure. It used the G.I.Joe hall of fame body with its pathetic articulation and it looked nothing like Cpl.Hicks, but despite the lack of detail, the armor, weapon, and tracker weren't that bad. I wound up picking the set up in the bargain bin a few years back and had transferred the marine items to a more poseable figure...still haven't gotten around to finish that customization (one of those 'one of these days' projects). It's no where near the accuracy and details of the model, but it might be what you're looking for if you want a poseable, customized figure. I don't know what the two pack goes for these days, though...although on ebay they seems to be going for not much more than I picked up my set for.

Here's an image from one of the auctions...this guy already made some modifications, like the microphone and strap for the motion detector. Just don't pay much attention to the near worthless GIJoe arms...

post-26-1093378567.jpg

I thought I remember reading a few months ago that McFarlane was going to be making Colonial Marine figures, but IIRC they would be smaller than 12". Can't remember where I read it tho.

Graham

You're thinking of McFarlane Toy's Colonial Marine Hicks figure. While not 12", it will be a very detailed figure.

mm7_hicks_photo_01_dp.jpg

Has anyone bothered to pick up the 12" Alien or Predator? I can't believe that they're just supersized versions of sculpts released some time ago-really disappointing...

being a fan of aliens & pred.

i was going to pick up the 12" pred & alien MF figs but after i've picked up every single 6" Aliens & predator MF figure i decided not to extend it to 12" in figs.

the material used on the AVP figs are just too brittle that i broke one of the preds while removing it from the box. while i was trying to superglue it together i accidentally squirted glue on one of its eye removed the color for half its mask needless to say i'm not very impressed. :angry:

MF looks amazing but for quality its just pure garbage!

being a fan of aliens & pred.

i was going to pick up the 12" pred & alien MF figs but after i've picked up every single 6" Aliens & predator MF figure i decided not to extend it to 12" in figs.

the material used on the AVP figs are just too brittle that i broke one of the preds while removing it from the box. while i was trying to superglue it together i accidentally squirted glue on one of its eye removed the color for half its mask needless to say i'm not very impressed. :angry:

MF looks amazing but for quality its just pure garbage!

Wow, I hear the same about other MF figures. The Matrix Sentinel and the APU are real fragile too. I guess these are made for MISB collectors and that's it. My one beef with them is that they're not toys but statues with ridiculously placed articulation. But I would now just stay away from them since the plastic quality is so cheap. My other friend told me that the Alien Queen figure warps when it gets too hot...

The Alien/Aliens property seems cursed... <_<