Has anybody seen this version of lodoss war

stram8777

sorry if this is in the wrong place. I wanna get chronicles of the heroic knight has anyone seen this version? if so what can you tell me about its quality? I was thinking of picking up a copy like this. the version you can get at best buy is just way to expensive. thanksEbay auction

I have never seen lodoss wars, how is it in terms of story, and animation?

If you like generic fantasy like Dragon Lance, then you'll like Lodoss. Personally, I never cared for it. The animation isn't bad, at least in the OVAs. The OVAs do suffer from the fact that they had to cut a lot of the story out to fit it into 13 episodes.

I have never seen lodoss wars, how is it in terms of story, and animation?

If you like generic fantasy like Dragon Lance, then you'll like Lodoss. Personally, I never cared for it. The animation isn't bad, at least in the OVAs. The OVAs do suffer from the fact that they had to cut a lot of the story out to fit it into 13 episodes.

Which is part of where Chronicles takes flak.

It doesn't properly mesh with the OVA, and people that don't know the OVA is based on something else anywyas get all irate about the changes.

The original Lodoss is the quintessential Fantasy anime, and fairly beautifuly animated.

The TV series "Chronicle of the Heroic Knight" isn't up to par with the original, but it does flesh out the story quite a bit better. Honestly, I still prefer the original. But Chronicle is still an awesome series and a worthy buy for the Lodoss fan; a thousand times better than the terrible and barely related Crystania series.

Basicaly, if you like Lodoss, its a good buy. Otherwise, watch the original Lodoss first. If you know Lodoss, be aware that the story diverges right after the end of the War of Heroes, and from that point on more closely follows (supposedly) the original Japanese novels(which I can't read).

I you want Record of Loddos War then get the FIRST SERIES.

The one in the auction is the second series of Loddos, I have both, and I must say the second one is nothing but a BIG letdown compared with the first. EVERYTHING is a hundred times better in the fist Series, Plot, Characters, and animation, etc.

about the bootleg. It is not bad, I have it. I only saw the first DVD (I couldnt stand any more). But this bootlegs are not standart quality. You may get a good set, you may get a crappy one.

IMHO you better forget about it.

• 2 years later...

In terms of story, I think the TV series is actually more coherent, but that's because it actually has time to flesh out the story more. In terms of animation quality, the OVA is much better.

Thing is, the TV series suffers from expectations set by the OVA. The OVA introduces some characters which became key movers and shakers, and understandably fans are attached to them. The TV series isn't about these characters though, but fans howl anyway because they want to see more of their favourites.

Yeah the OVA was good. The animation was ok, and it has an adventury feel to it (not like a huuuuuge epic war involving thousands of people) but I felt the ending contradicted the beginning of the series.

In the OVA

MASSIVE SPOILER:

the sceptre of domination was destroyed and the two mercenary characters were part of the fighting. In the series the mercenaries don't even know who Parn is. Almost as if they got amnesia. Really a big mess.

END SPOILER

BTW Deedlit just seems hotter in the OVA imo.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

-OVA has higher quality animation, the animation is cleaner and better directed than the TV series. The TV series animation looks good in the opening, but that's where all the money went. The fights suck with split-screen and triple-screen action.

-The character design is lacking in the TV series (even if I like the base character designer Natsumoto Masato who did one of the Lodoss manga and did the awesome King of Fighters Kyo manga), whats-his-name Yutaku Izubuchi? and Nobuteru Yuki's OVA character designs rock.

-The story in the OVA kept me going, even if it started just a bit slow. The TV series I lost interest half way through and thought that everyone was retarded and needed to be eaten by a bigass dragon, that would then raze all of Lodoss to end the TV series stupidity.

-OVA Ashram = Kamiya Akira = Roy Focker's voice = awesome

TV series Ashram = Hayami Sho = OVA Orson = Max Jenius = awesome

TV series Parn = Basara Nekki

OVA Kashue = Ikeda Shuuichi = RK's Hiko Seijuurou = awesome

TV series Kashue = Nakata Jouji = Escaflowne's Folken = awesome

-OVA opening music is great, ending is alright. TV series opening is awesome, the ending is like it or hate it.

OVA is all around better. I haven't read the original novels, but I like the story better in the OVA, it kept me interested even if I thought Parn was a weenie (like an Oscar Meyer one you know) and needed to be slit open and slow roasted over a nice big fire. The OVA characters were more interesting, it had a good Japanese cast, they did cheap out on some animation stuff in some battles, but the TV series reaks of cheapness throughout the whole thing anyway.

If you have a choice, get the OVA set. Rent the first dvd for the tv series and see if you like it. If you can't rent it and you can find it dirt cheap, pick it up and see if you like it. If you really only want to get one, get the OVA set.

OVA Deedlit forever 1/1 LowViz Lurker!!! :D