Stand Alone Complex - Visual Book

Mine's in the mail and being delivered by UPS so I'm VERY worried.

Can't be any worse than Loomis/DHL. They lost my 1911A1 for nearly a week. <_<

I won't ask you to beat the crap out of the spine to make scans, but please post some comments when you get yours. I'm especially hopeful it has oodles of line art and original art. Interviews and articles are fine, but since I can't read a word of it they're somewhat lost on me.

I saw it, but I'm not into getting Shirow books that are not filled with Shirow art.

I'll sell you my copies of Man Machine Interface. Cheap. :D

:lol: don't tempt me. I already bought the Japanese version and the doubles of the DH. It's still looks better that any comic book today. No matter how smartly stupid the story was. Or stupidly smart... :huh:

nabbed one while at otakon, simply awesome!

Can ya post a few pics? I can' wait to see what I'm getting.

Yes! Pictures! Do it for Tachikoma-kun!

Aaaaah!!! How schweeet! :wub:

Anywhere online to get this for a good price? Is it a big book? Artbook? or more design works style?

I'd also like to know as well. SAC is one of my favorite series at the moment.........

I purchased the Special Edition DVD release of "Ghost in The Shell Stand Alone Complex" and have been enjoying the soundtrack on may way to and from work daily. I plan to finally watch the first four episodes tonight If I can. Unfortunately I've owned it for almost a week, but haven't had a chance to watch it. Damn birthdays and parties at the clubs have been intefering with my anime viewing! :)

If I like the series, I would most certainly enjoy a book about the characters, mecha designs, and artwork. If anyone knows a store (online or otherwise) to purchase this book, I'd like to note it for future reference. Thanks.

If anyone knows a store (online or otherwise) to purchase this book, I'd like to note it for future reference. Thanks.

I found it on Hobby Link Japan, so if you don't mind the shipping (or if you plan on getting some other stuff from them anyway) the've probably got the best price. I've also seen it on Right Stuff, but I don't like their policies for foreign credit card users.

Sounds good! Thanks BSU.

I just finished watching the first four episodes of GITS SAC and it was great! Now this is anime I can get into. It's been a while since I've watched an anime series that had a strong introduction to the story. Most anime series have terrible opening episodes. I think Cowboy Bebop was the last anime series that I can remember started off well.

As for GITS SAC, the stories are good so far and plenty of fun. The science fiction itself is very innovative. I like the stories focus on Section 9 and the cybernetic/robotic crime investigations. There are some very interesting ways to use and misuse technology that I don't think I've seen in any other science fiction story. The animation is incredible, especially the computer effects. The invisibility effect for Motoko and her Section 9 officers looks great. The music is also very good, although this definitely isn't Yoko Kanno's best work. That award would go to Macross Plus or Cowboy Bebop.

I can't wait to see more. A great anime series so far.

Sounds good! Thanks BSU.

I just finished watching the first four episodes of GITS SAC and it was great! Now this is anime I can get into. It's been a while since I've watched an anime series that had a strong introduction to the story. Most anime series have terrible opening episodes. I think Cowboy Bebop was the last anime series that I can remember started off well.

As for GITS SAC, the stories are good so far and plenty of fun. The science fiction itself is very innovative. I like the stories focus on Section 9 and the cybernetic/robotic crime investigations. There are some very interesting ways to use and misuse technology that I don't think I've seen in any other science fiction story. The animation is incredible, especially the computer effects. The invisibility effect for Motoko and her Section 9 officers looks great. The music is also very good, although this definitely isn't Yoko Kanno's best work. That award would go to Macross Plus or Cowboy Bebop.

I can't wait to see more. A great anime series so far.

The series is awsome. You will like the rest.

I can't wait to see more.  A great anime series so far.

I have no doubt you'll love the rest of it. Just wait until you really get into the whole Laughing Man case. And then there's the mindbending season 2.... :o

Edited by bsu legato

Nice to hear high praise for this series. I'm very excited to see more. Ghost in the Shell: SAC has me hooked from the first episode.

Sometimes it's so hard to get into a lot of the anime I watch and I rarely last more than a dozen episodes of a series that I feel is not working. My aquisition of new anime has been minimal for a very long time and I've really been feeling the need to get into something soon just to keep my interest. WHen I haven't been working on film prjects I've been buying lots of live-action film as part of my continuing education in the industry, but my anime viewing has suffered as of late. This new series is coming at the perfect time to recharge my interest in new anime :)

Sometimes it's so hard to get into a lot of the anime I watch and I rarely last more than a dozen episodes of a series that I feel is not working. This new series is coming at the perfect time to recharge my interest in new anime :)

There's a lot of us who've felt the same way. I hadn't really seen anything that caught my interest since Cowboy Bebop and Trigun, but I was hooked on SAC from the get-go.

I think it's anime in general. Even though I've watched hundreds of animes, I still have a hard time picking and choosing which animes are for me. I don't usually have that problem with anything else like film or music, but anime is still somewhat of an enigma to me. Perhaps it's the way anime is marketted here in North America. I can recall trailers for animes like the Patlabor films being marketted like sci-fi action flicks when there are really crime thrillers.

Whatever the reason, I'm glad I found another series I can enjoy. Now if the next volume will just come out really, REALLY soon, I'll be happy :)

Where did you order yours from, Jem?

Tokyo Central. Totally sold out tho. Oh, yeah Otaku.co.uk still has it but I hate that guy. LOL

http://www.otaku.co.uk/cgi-bin/itemview.asp?itemid=64666q

Also, Akadot retail still has it if you're willing to pay almost $30 for it. I got mien for $20.

Edited by Jemstone

Is there lineart in the book? I don't know why, but I am a GiTs SAC LINEART FANATIC... then there is my site that never opened...

http://www.kokaku-kidotai.net

This just in too::

2nd GIG OFFICIAL LOG #1

On Sale:: November 26, 2004

DVD:: BCBA-1976 (80 Minutes)

Book:: A5 Hardcover (144 pages)

Price:: 5,040 yen

DVD FEATURES ::

Highlight Flash (35 minutes. A montage of scenes up to and including episode 16.)

Interviewa (20 Minutes)

Studio Report of Production IG

BOOK ::

Character Introductions

Wold of GiTs View

Director Commentary

Story Explainations

Setting Data

SAC vs SAC 2nd GIG

This will pretty much be in the same format at the previous official logs. However, I'm DYING to get my hands on this NOW!

*preorders*

Tokyo Central. Totally sold out tho. Oh, yeah Otaku.co.uk still has it but I hate that guy. LOL

Also, Akadot retail still has it if you're willing to pay almost $30 for it. I got mien for $20.

TC is a great place. haha funny that you said that about otaku..i had a minor issue with an order with them as well.

i'm pretty certain this book was available from Diamond Previews a month ago as well so i wouldn't be surprised if it popped up at local comic shops

if anyone could take some sample pics of the book that would be great

Anybody have pics they can scan up? Per susual the local UPS employees are STUPID and returned my package to TC claiming that my address doesn't exist! :blink: So while I wait for another shipping method I am still without my copy. So nobody else has a copy?

Where did you order yours from, Jem?

Meh, otaku priced it GBP18.95, so that would be a whopping $35.00!