Hooby Japan Sept issh

Ok i jsut picked up the latest Sept issue of Dengeki Hobby. And as I havent seen any post of it before today (I picked up the mag today with my Figure Ou mag)

First off it comes with two variant World Smallest Transformers. By far i find this to be the greatest freebie toy with a mag ever.

They are Convoy and Megatron. Convoy so far has had three versions.

1. Black Windows

2. Light blue windows

3. Ultra Magnus white

now he has dark blue windows. whoopede doo but still cool.

Megatron has all the red inserts of his legs and arms replaced with purple. you can see it in the pics.

box art remniscent of G1 except the artwork used for megatron. I dont know why they didnt use the original G1 image but who cares.

In this issue of Dengeki Hobby there is a 14 page article on the transformers. Ranging from the history of transformers to a mini version of the Transformer toy guide "Transformers Generations" it only covers the forms of Convoy and Megatron from G1, Star Convoy, Beast Wars, RID, Leo Convoy, Armada, and Energon. Then it has an article of Robot Masters, Binaltech, and WST.

Also on there is a pic of a special black version of Robot Masters Convoy.

Pic of Transformer box and Dengeki Hobby

post-26-1092963998_thumb.jpg

Edited by Solscud007

Gotta get that ish of Hobby Japan, if there's any left next week at kinokuniya SF. :unsure: I haven't picked up an ish HJ in a long time, this is a good excuse to pick one now.

Edited by gerwalk25

hi cool freebies, i was also going to ask you to open it and show us the contents, not just the TFs but also the book, any cool upcoming Gundam models or macross stuff? if so could you get some scans?

that would be really awesome of you.

thanks

chris

Sorry this is a transformer thread. haha nah im kidding. I have kinda fallen out of Gundam and dont knwo what is cool anymore except what I like and its just SDs, Fix and MSia but only UC century.

Im gonna keep these in the box since I already have the regular Convoy and Megatron. But here is a pic of the inner tray. Oh the bagged toys are taped to the tray.

post-26-1092969432_thumb.jpg

Edited by Solscud007

sorry this is a transformer thread. haha nah im kidding. I have kinda fallen out of Gundam and dont knwo what is cool anymore except what I like and its just SDs, Fix and MSia but only UC century.

i understand if you do not want to post pics ,any mention of any new Master grades or Fix?

Ok i jsut picked up the latest Sept issue of Hobby Japan. And as I havent seen any post of it before today (I picked up the mag today with my Figure Ou mag)

Errr hang on, IIRC, the mini Transformers (the truck & the gun whatever their names are) came with the September issue of Dengeki Hobby magazine, NOT Hobby Japan.

Graham

Ok i jsut picked up the latest Sept issue of Hobby Japan. And as I havent seen any post of it before today (I picked up the mag today with my Figure Ou mag)

Errr hang on, IIRC, the mini Transformers (the truck & the gun whatever their names are) came with the September issue of Dengeki Hobby magazine, NOT Hobby Japan.

Graham

Oh right you are. Im sorry for the confusion. I get the two mixed up even though I shouldnt cause it clearly says Dengeki in japanese. Stupid me haha.

no no new master grades or fixes. There is mention of something called Seed Destiny. the master grade Freedom gundam is in here with plenty of pics.

there is a cool Super Robot wars robot. Huckebein Gunner. It looks like a gundam titan with a power suit. and wave rider. Pretty bad assed.

Edited by Solscud007

Well, the japanese store here in Seattle said it was coming in next week. I normally dont pick these up but I will for this. How much was the mag?

980 yen which should be about 10 bucks. But Kinokuniya ups the price. So it was 15 bucks.

Just picked one up in Kinokuniya in San Jose, CA. Cool toys. Megatron is a bit on the weak side. It got good transformation, but the proportion is kind of wacked, and parts fall off easy because they are too tiny. Prime on the other hand is great. Simple, but solid. The legs for whatever reason weights quite a bit. Thought they have diecast for a moment, but checked they didn't. Thought of buying these sometime ago, but got too lazy to hunt them down. Now they come for free. :D

The content of this magazine issue however was not too thrilling though.

Edited by mpchi

Just picked one up in Kinokuniya in San Jose, CA. Cool toys. Megatron is a bit on the weak side. It got good transformation, but the proportion is kind of wacked, and parts fall off easy because they are too tiny. Prime on the other hand is great. Simple, but solid. The legs for whatever reason weights quite a bit. Thought they have diecast for a moment, but checked they didn't. Thought of buying these sometime ago, but got too lazy to hunt them down. Now they come for free. :D

The content of this magazine issue however was not too thrilling though.

really aside form teh constant obedience to everything gunda, I liked the mini transformer article/chronicle of Megatron and Convoy.

• 2 weeks later...