Theme Song?

Culverin

*snickers* generally....you just listen to the song, and you kinda pick up on the name, not too mention I think, if you got the AnimEgo DVD's, the credits will list the theme song and ending theme somewhere on either credits.

Guitar tabs......hmmmmmm don't know but I know there would be alot of flats if it were over the piano....I can almost think of the keys in my head...

TIA #11 covers DYRL and probably has DYRL the song in it. But there's also TIA nos. 3, 5, and 7.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/books/series_tia357.htm

I'll bet one of them has some of the music from the series, but it's been a while since I've looked at my copies. TIA Macross 1 & 2 are also possibilities. http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/books/series_tia1_2.htm

All of the above show up on eBay from time to time (more frequently on Yahoo Japan auctions). The 3-5-7 books are more common. If you bug us enough, though, I'm sure someone will look at their copies and determine if the music is in there.

Edited by ewilen

Okay, I found the sheet music for the Macross theme song in TIA 3 and I photographed it. There's a legible if small version here (about 100k).

A bigger version (1.6 megs) is here. Printouts made from the large one might look better, but I'll probably delete it eventually, so get it now if you want it.

Looks like the sheet music lacks the initial flourish but that should be easy to transcribe.

P.S. Don't miss the sharps...I think the song is in D major, but I'm not a musician.

Edited by ewilen

If you're a fan of macross music then get "Macross the Complete" CD collection. It's 3 disks and contains every macross melody from the tv series and movie. it even has instrumental tracks of songs and melodies that were recorded but not used at the end. Now I don't have to watch the DVD everytime I want to listen to a song.

ewilen, thank you so much...

if i ever get a chance then i'll put it into guitar pro 4.

then everybody will have the software version to build the "flourish" from

so the guitar version from the DVD is in there?

Edited by Culverin