Ive seen Macross 1,2 and plus what am i missing

VF-101Guy

Ive seen Macross 1, 2 and Plus.. What am i missing to get caught up on this series? I had to stop collecting and watching anime before i was married but now im divorced and want to start back up my collection. I guess you can say im still a newbie when it comes to it. Its really bad when your ex-wife wouldnt even let you watch the guyver series. So can you guys fill me in and kind of give me an idea on where i might be able to find anything ive missed?

Well now you got Macross Do You Remember Love, Macross Flashback 2012 Macross 7, Macross 7 Encore, Macross 7 the movie, Macross Dynimate 7, Macross Zero.........that'd be about it.

I suggest going to Valkyrie Exchange to get the DVD's.

christ..ive missed alot.. i do have DYRL on dvd now..hmm thanks for filling me in. can you explaine the macross zero to me. from what ive read on sites . its supposed to take place before the valks were even built.. is this true?

You should check out the newbie question thread. Mac Zero takes place before the events in SDF Macross. It has the VF-0 which was made to combat the anti-UN varaible fighter. At this time the VF-1's engines weren't ready so the VF-0 was made with conventional jet engines. In the Video and Music review forum areaseven gives a great review of the current episodes.

And read the Macross 2 topic in this subforum, 2 takes place in a different parallel timeline/dimension. ;)

Dude, you let your wife restrict your hobbies? That should have been your first sign.

Lifetime Member? :lol::lol:

NO MA'AM! :lol:

christ..ive missed alot.. i do have DYRL on dvd now..hmm thanks for filling me in. can you explaine the macross zero to me. from what ive read on sites . its supposed to take place before the valks were even built.. is this true?

Well -

Macross DRYL is one DVD, a movie that basically retells MacrossTV with a slightly different story and all-new beautiful animation. It's a must-have.

Flashback 2012 is one DVD, mostly music video animation and such - it's great, but not alot of story to it.

All the Macross 7 stuff - the TV series, the movie, the lost eps, is all available as 2 big DVD sets - read any Macross 7 thread to see how much it loved and hated by fans.

Macross Zero is on episode 4 - the last one should be coming out soon. Personally, I'm waiting to buy the DVDs as a set, once the series is done. It is a prequel to Macross, featuring the first test valkyries developed.

All of the above are bootlegs and are subtitled - they haven't been licensed in the US and aren't likely to be anytime soon, due to licensing struggles between Harmony Gold (Robotech) and Big West (Japan).