TransFormers: Robotmasters

I was searching the web and found a advertisement for a new Optimus Prime figure with a DVD included. The DVD has a pilot episode of a new series called Robotmasters. I saw a few screen captures and it has bots from G1 and Beast Wars(like G1 Starscream and Beast Wars Megatron). I also went to Takara's official site and downloaded their Robotmasters comic pix( it has cool scene of Beast Wars Megatron giving the smackdown to G1 Starscream). Is Robotmasters a melding of G1 and Beast Wars or Takara's attempt at rehashing old toys. Has anybody seen the anime? Is it any good? I also heard Transformers Victory's Star Saber and Victory Leo will also be in the toy line.

post-26-1091975567_thumb.jpg

Star Saber and Victory Leo:

http://www.tformers.com/article.php?sid=3345&mode=flat

Some of the Robotmaster toys are repaints of earlier toys, but the G1 Convoy, Beast Wars Megs and Prime and Starscream are all completely new molds...and smaller than the originals. Remy has some great pics of many of them on his site here:

http://www.tfkenkon.com/

As for the anime, I had no idea there was one even planned. You sure it was a pilot and not a commercial for the toys?

Yes...i saw the 1st batch...and the only thing stopping me from buying them was the extravagant price vs small size . I rather pay a little more and get an Alternator.

The line was originally called neo action masters and the whole premise is articulation for a good price.

NO there is NOT an anime for this! NO pilot episode whatsoever, the DVD just has a commercial in CG and some other stuff. Like character profiles I believe.

THough articulation is the emphasis starscream lacks good leg articulation. nno kneeds and hips cant be moved well.

It is basically, repaints of old toys, and retools of older toys sized downa nd given articulation.

Big convoy, the laser cycles, predaking, god ginrai, lio convoy, and star saber were on a "vote for next robotmaster list" however most of these are coming out.

laser cycles, and lio convoy already showing up on lists and protos of star and victory saber/leo already showing up in pictures.

its a mesh of multiple transformer universes and ties into G1....i believe with binaltech but i forgot the connection. Binaltech itself takes place before the transformers g1 cartoon movie.

and yes victory leo, star saber, and their combined mode victory saber, has good articulation

I was really excited for Starscream at first, but after seeing lots of detailed pics and reading reviews, he just doesn't seem to be worth it. What's the point of making an entire new mold for a G1 toy when it's only improved just a little bit? It still looks nice, but I can't help but think that there will be a bigger and better (possibly Masterpiece) version somewhere down the road. And no, I haven't heard anything, this is just PURE SPECULATION.

I would like to get the G1 Convoy but I'm going to wait a little and see if I can get the little feller for cheaper. Star Saber and V.Leo look to be the best ones so far and I can't wait to see them painted. This is looking to be a fun line, even though only a minorty of the figures are interesting.

Ok, I saw the Optimus in person at frank and sons. Going price was 20 bucks. It looked pretty good only in robot mode though. I don't like his cab mode. Anyway, here's some a link to some pretty detailed pictures of starscream. Got this link off of 2005boards:

Starscream!!!

:p:D:lol:

NO there is NOT an anime for this! NO pilot episode whatsoever, the DVD just has a commercial in CG and some other stuff. Like character profiles I believe.

Thee will be. Whether it'll be any good or not remais to be seen, tho.

:p

Nice cardboard add-ons. I suppose they don't come in the package, but after the piece-of-crap trailer that came with Masterpiece Convoy, I wouldn't be surprised if Takara put those little pieces in there too. Just goes to show how ugly RobotMaster G1 Convoy is in truck mode.

Edited by Renato

It doesn't look any worse as a truck than 20th anni Prime does.

I am trying to find a way to fill in the missing bits on the front of the truck. I more worried about the front portion of the wheel wells. I think that's what would add the most to the truck mode.

Matching the metallic paint, ought to be fun. :ph34r:

and just where did you hear there will be a new robotmasters anime? I frequent numerous transformers boards and have NEVER heard of a new robotmasters cartoon. And yes I frequernt them daily. Also if there was one showing I am sure it would have made numerous headlines, knowing the mass antihasbro and pro takara bias out there in the fandom.

A quick check of tfkenkon.com shows that the anime version also comes with an energy axe. It's also got light blue eyes, with light piping. It does come with a gray gun, though. Actually, in the pictures, it looks silver.

The DVD version has yellow eyes, an autobot symbol on each shoulder, the metallic paint, and two of the transparent blue guns. The anime version is regular red, only has the symbol on his left shoulder, and only comes with one blue gun.

I modified a couple of Zoids blocks parts, and gave the guns to my Armada bendy Prime. Am I the only one who finds it strange that Robotmasters isn't using the standard weapons pegs, that have been in use since the late 80s?

and just where did you hear there will be a new robotmasters anime? I frequent numerous transformers boards and have NEVER heard of a new robotmasters cartoon. And yes I frequernt them daily. Also if there was one showing I am sure it would have made numerous headlines, knowing the mass antihasbro and pro takara bias out there in the fandom.

The interview with the Takara staff in this month's Dengeki Hobby (the one with the huge TF feature). See the Alternators thread for the other things he said.

• 2 weeks later...
Here come the seekers....

That is not a seeker. It is a limited edition Black Starscream that you can get if you take part in some special magazine offer thing.

Also up for grabs are-- Black Optimus Primal (What's the point?), Black Megatron and Black G1 Prime.