Robotech Invasion discussion

Well I've played the demo level and I like it.

Cons

The invid maze is great but I've been runnig into invisible walls too much. Anyone else hate it when a game company can only contain a level or an erea where they don't want you going with invisible walls?

Another problem is that I've been glitching through visible walls easily, the engine seems to get you snagged and glitch when you go under outcroppings.

gernades are way to wimpy, there's no real pratical use for them in this game.

Way too small of jump and power boost jump. Weren't the cyclones able to jump 4 to 5 times their heigth easily? Didn't they hover and fly around with their jet thrusters?

Internal character thoughts and radio chtater aren't very distinguisable.

Computer teamates soak up damage, no friendly fire problems. HAlO and other games are great because you can get a reaction out of a teammate or even kill them.

add alpha's, heck their all over the sky in the level.

The above problems might be addressed in the final release.

I found almost everything else in this game very enjoyable, it's going to be a definite buy for me even if the above are still present. The sound, pace of the game and playability are all good.

Where can you get the demo? I heard that it was going to be in XBOX magazine or something...has this already happened? Or are you getting the demo from another source? Thanks

Twich

Where can you get the demo? I heard that it was going to be in XBOX magazine or something...has this already happened? Or are you getting the demo from another source? Thanks

Twich

The Xbox demo will be in the September issues of Official Xbox Magazine, which has been released in certain areas, Canada not among them as of yet.

I had an opportunity to play Invasion at Toynami's booth during ComicCon (it seems like their booth gets smaller every year :ph34r: ). Anyway I played a tutorial level for PS2; first off your in a truck and a Ride Armor commander will tell you to find a Ride Armor for yourself and save as many comrades and kill Inbit on the way. The control scheme is FPS/Max Payne fair (Left stick=foward, back, strafe left/right, Right stick=view up/down, turn left/right) and with the triangle button you can transform to Bike mode if you find the Ride Armor. Secondly the graphics has a touch of an Unreal/Metroid Prime FPS feel with Atari's TF game Transformations.

Personally RT Invasion is an improvement to Battlecry but the FPS control needs a bit of work I just hope they address this issue before it drops. All in all; Nice graphics, controls that needs improvement :D .

you onlu control ride armors in this?

so no alphas?

Nope, the game is Alpha-less. And good riddance, too. Cyclones are where its at. Cycs, baby, CYCS!

I thought i saw a rendering of an alpha with a mace as well as you can fire from an alpha or something like that.

you onlu control ride armors in this?

so no alphas?

Nope, the game is Alpha-less. And good riddance, too. Cyclones are where its at. Cycs, baby, CYCS!

I thought i saw a rendering of an alpha with a mace as well as you can fire from an alpha or something like that.

Well, the game is Alpha-less in regards to playable mecha, but there are NPC Alphas and background mecha.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the XBOX demo disk and I give the demo 5/10.

Pros:

Cyclones!!!!!

Models look good

the Blue Invid warrior with those laser beams (as opposed to the "skittles of death" that the regular invid use) is a cool effect

Cons:

Music is Techno..sux

Sound Efx: Lame. As said above the backround sounds are muffled and run together, does not sound mixed properly

The playable gun is machine gun...gimme a break

can't fire missles while on foot, only from cycle mode

AI seems to non-existant in the demo

waaay too short of a level

grenades useless, the machine gun is good enough